What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Loading screen soft lock (Fixed?)

Sensei Mortis

I've been digging through the forums in an attempt to find the solution to my issue, but I just see other people having the same issue, and a probably exasperated administrator who is unable to help due to a lack of proper information. I figured I should ask anyway, while being as helpful as I can.

If I launch the game, it 'runs' just fine, even with music looping and displaying what track is starting, but I can't seem to get past the initial screen. I've tried looking into the Event Viewer with no luck, as there are no events occurring that are tied to PT, I've tried the KERNELBASE.dll fix, I've tried the msvcr.dll fix, I've tried installing redistributable packages that other people have had success with, all with no luck.

If any files in the game's folder could potentially give insight as to what the problem is, I will gladly try to share them here, but right now I have no clue how to start playing this game.

Okay, apparently, I fixed it by just installing the game to a different drive.
Maybe it'll work for others, but I don't know.