What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Linear trigger support?

Clearo

Hi guys,

Just started playing this game again (nostalgia!!!) and I'm playing with a ps4 controller

I can map the controls fine but when accelerating or braking it is either 0 or 100%

I can't remember if this was a thing in the original, is there a way to get linear trigger controls?

The bug where you can't get 100% braking or accelerating using triggers is still a thing. the spot in the code has to be found where the analog values are set. and it needs to be changed from 256 to 255 because analog only goes up to 255. It is a known issue.

The bug where you can't get 100% braking or accelerating using triggers is still a thing. the spot in the code has to be found where the analog values are set. and it needs to be changed from 256 to 255 because analog only goes up to 255. It is a known issue.
I'm not experiencing that bug

I'm saying when I press my trigger a little bit it goes to 100%

Support is there. It works fine for me with my DS3 controller.

We are working on adding better support for controllers though.

I'm saying when I press my trigger a little bit it goes to 100%
Somehow, it sounds like the PS4 controller is on D-Input mode, not in X-Input.
Does the same thing happens when you test it out on Game Controllers window?
(Not sure if that is the problem but it's doesn't hurt to try it out.)

Same issue here. PS4 controller user and no solution. I tried to change the trigger sensibility via DS4Windows, and didnt worked.

Theres a solution, even unpratical. I noticed that the right analog up and down can be readed as progressive accel and brakes. So theres some softwares, including DS4Windows that have hability to make the triggers act as up and down analog command. Its a pain in the a** to save a config profile for a game only, but thats what we have so far.