What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

kawana 660 a poor first choice

Infernostar

Seems to me ive been kicking my own ass for taking this trash pile, everybody else has no trouble beating me even with maxed out performance.

balancers are your friend. and track choice matters. Kawana is best on highly technical tight tracks. the Lion is the best all around and easiest to win with though. Once stage 5 upgrades are found and added it should help balance things better.

Maxed out kawana its perfect for almost every track, of course it needs practice to achieve the best driving the car requires, as for so, you will need to take advantage of balancers such as acceleration ++ and aero F+ and grip R, those make the car with shorter top speed but quicker acceleration, gives you more traction on the rear to exit the corners and provides down force to the front.

Maxed out kawana its perfect for almost every track, of course it needs practice to achieve the best driving the car requires, as for so, you will need to take advantage of balancers such as acceleration ++ and aero F+ and grip R, those make the car with shorter top speed but quicker acceleration, gives you more traction on the rear to exit the corners and provides down force to the front.
Actually the K6 is best with almost no balancers, ecept for the max aero on the back.. Eccessive acceleration can't make use of the already low torque the car has, gripping to much makes you loose speed in the corners. For ex. i can follow a max speed Wizz in wangan glued to his back with just standard gearing. The main point of being fast in a k6 is much speed you keep after every corner. So downshifting is a key technique for this car to express it's max potential.
Well in the end these are my preferencies.. It's indeed a car hard to master, but i won't change it for any other. Who raced me knows how much pressure that little beast can put when chasing, or how fast it goes away in the right conditions.
Post automatically merged:

Once stage 5 upgrades are found and added it should help balance things better.

UUUUUUUUUUhhhhhhh...... Stage 5???

You just need to understand the car and know how to use it, also:
- be sure you have installed all the upgrades.. lot of people think to have maxed the car, whitout noticing the 3 sub categories under power and handling (engine, gears, ecu, and tires, brake and suspensions) so they install just the first ones (engine and tires) missing the others
- as already said from Khrono and TorQueHQ, reaching the top performances isn't just a thing of upgrades, you need also a good setup to maximize the car potential.
- at this point, also pratice help a lot, because also if you have the fastest car, for doing fast laps you need to know the racing lines, when brake etc for every tracks. Maybe try with ghost on so you can drive and pratice without the problem of other people hitting you, or you causing problems to other because you don't know the tracks.
- obviously, if you want a fair race, go only in rooms with the "same class" limitation, so you're sure to race just against class 1 cars.

Personally speaking, actually i use the Lion in class 1 but just because is the only car i haven't used back in the days, when i was driving almost only the Kawana (and then the AE86) so when start to play again with this revival of PT, i've decided to try something different. The Lion is fast for sure, but i don't find the same feeling i've found with the Kawana.. also in class 1 the kawana offer you some unique things, like the RWD (the other 3 cars in this class are FWD) and the turbo engine where the others are NA. And because the K is the smallest car, sometimes you can find the space to overtake easily than with bigger cars.
Also, for sure doesn't exist the perfect car for every track: with drivers at the same level, in some tracks the Kawana is the best solution, in some you can do better with the Wizz and in other the best choice is the Lion, but usually the fastest drivers are capable of a really close competition on almost all the tracks with one of this cars. Maybe the only exception can be the Corus, a car that we can call "all-rounder" but without excel in something.

Actually the K6 is best with almost no balancers, ecept for the max aero on the back.. Eccessive acceleration can't make use of the already low torque the car has, gripping to much makes you loose speed in the corners. For ex. i can follow a max speed Wizz in wangan glued to his back with just standard gearing. The main point of being fast in a k6 is much speed you keep after every corner. So downshifting is a key technique for this car to express it's max potential.
Well in the end these are my preferencies.. It's indeed a car hard to master, but i won't change it for any other. Who raced me knows how much pressure that little beast can put when chasing, or how fast it goes away in the right conditions.
Post automatically merged:

UUUUUUUUUUhhhhhhh...... Stage 5???
Well, that's your opinion, my only class 1 car is Kawana, and i can easily win a race against lion and wizz, a find some serious corus players to be able to beat me.. but, for short circuit tracks and also some b-road and non-tarmac tracks, kawana takes advantage of it's rear drive, that's why i apply the grip R balancer instead of aero R because having aero in the rear will make you lose front traction, but if you feel comfortable with that setup, good, i just love how easy i can turn to one side and slide a corner faster than a lion does.
Also i have not mentioned, Kawana loves HIGH REVS, up to 9k rpm, that's why a manual gearbox is an advantage over automatic.

Yeah Dynamite in Heat Online and I think Level R there were a 5th stage of upgrades for most of the cars and these upgrades addressed issues in balancing of classes. It was introduced along with the class change system where some cars started out as one class but after being upgraded to a certain point moved up a class. For exampled the 86 would get booted up to extreme low end of class 2 with stage 5 upgrades thus kicking it out of class 1 rooms. stage 5 upgrades on cars made them all better than the 86 so the 86 became the worst car in class 1. Even the corus was competent with the stage 5 upgrades as it "fixed" its balance issues with the class.