What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Is the kawana k660 bad?

Samuelrichter66

Idk why but i always end up being last in every race, with the kawana especially. also enjoy the picture attached to the post. note: the edit is very badSkoda S3.jpg

A combination of many things- Balancers, keys/controller or wheel, racing line, lift off or gear change + don't forget people have been playing this game for years! :geek:

The kawana is made for tight corners and drifting not fast speed corners. It seems to have problems with fast steering and i cant get a decent tune

Kawana is fine, but in normal races sadly the cars with more hp will just outrun the kawana. Like Lion or Mizz.

On Wangan you have good chances, when kawana is set for max speed and ghost mode is off.

Joyrider! Butaság amit állítasz! A Kawana rossz a Wangan pályán! A technikás pályákon viszont jól teljesít!

Kawana is ok in arcade mode, and almost impossible to drive in sim mode.
If you want to win buy a Wizz then u can win non stop in wangan drag and earn 1000 rp each race

Winning on wangan isn't anything special. congrats you know how to drive in a straight line with the fastest car in a class. you can do what a 2 year old can do. don't promote wangan farming as a legit way to play this game. It is a noob method of racing. play any mode and have fun with the game, the xp/rp will come. don't burn yourself out doing the same stupid straight line track over and over like some dumbass who can't drive.

Full upgraded kawana is very good, for drift corners as you do not lose much speed, while fwd cars will slightly drag the front, you just hit it drifting. for short corners/tracks it lacks a bit of acceleration but can be improved if using acceleration balancer.

Winning on wangan isn't anything special. congrats you know how to drive in a straight line with the fastest car in a class. you can do what a 2 year old can do. don't promote wangan farming as a legit way to play this game. It is a noob method of racing. play any mode and have fun with the game, the xp/rp will come. don't burn yourself out doing the same stupid straight line track over and over like some dumbass who can't drive.

I didnt mean to advertise Wangan, I hate that track, I was just pointing out the obvious, (kawana is not good for winning on most tracks) If i could remove wangan from the game I would without second thoughts
Post automatically merged:

I didnt mean to advertise Wangan, I hate that track, I was just pointing out the obvious, (kawana is not good for winning on most tracks) If i could remove wangan from the game I would without second thoughts
and btw i only drive kawana even if it's not the best car

Kawana will almost always lose in Arcade, due to it's great handling being not much of a strong factor, due to any car being able to drift around corners with ease. In Sim is where it starts to shine on tracks with prominent corners. Can go around them much faster than other cars due to it's great traction.

Kawana will almost always lose in Arcade, due to it's great handling being not much of a strong factor, due to any car being able to drift around corners with ease. In Sim is where it starts to shine on tracks with prominent corners. Can go around them much faster than other cars due to it's great traction.
Indeed kawana is good for sim racing but also in some arcade tracks, it also relies on the player driving style.

Thats true, totally agreed but I have something that stops me from playing other modes. In before I had Gtr r-35 and Morello, and Nardo, ok I mean most of the best cars in the game, so it wasnt something hard to farm like 10 thousand in 20 min in TCTF mode or anywhere else(dont forget 2x(XPs/PPs) ). Today we have 4 common classes except special cars for CP only, once it gets closer to the original version of the game before it was closed, im sure people would change their minds and enjoy the game as they should.

I think you don't know what the term "original version" means. PT was out before heat online was. so therefor pt is the original version in relation to what you are talking about.

The Handling is the strong factor, which seems kinda the reason why i chose it, the problem being is that many of the tracks in PT have a tendency to not really give a disadvantage for the other cars except for the kawana and in turn makes the kawana be better that the corus but not anything else really, even when upgraded it still drags quite a bit compared to the others, i always feel ill never complete the game due to a choice i made at the start just because it was a coupe and not a sedan or hatchback. honestly feel ashamed in myself for picking such a reverse sleeper, aka a Runner.

Plus, I really went too quickly and only saw the kawana description

Kawana to be good needs acceleration ++ balancing item activated, otherwise you better bet in losing for city route tracks where there is long straights.
Also adding grip+ in the rear tires helps a bit getting out of corners.
Overall is a great car for speed corners but eventually will lose for wizz and lion on longer circuits.

Gotta love these people, leveling and farming just to be shite on EVERY TRACK, and still getting owned by the casual (cough cough, me) Kawana user on their beloved wangan.

Btw: the kawana is a spectacular car, too underrated, somebody's calling it "Crappuccino", but honestly i win almost every race except competing with some veterans on Lion;
i really wish it had just 10 hp more, because she dies like a 3 legged hasmathic hyppo when there's a climb.

Kawana to be good needs acceleration ++ balancing item activated, otherwise you better bet in losing for city route tracks where there is long straights.
Also adding grip+ in the rear tires helps a bit getting out of corners.
Overall is a great car for speed corners but eventually will lose for wizz and lion on longer circuits.
Not necessarily, the only balance i use is the max aerodinamic on back. Still owning people on long tokio city races.
NO SETTINGS CAN BEAT GOOD RACING LINES.