What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

*IMPORTANT* WE NEED FIX & Better - More Laps - Option Switch to Sim or Arcade - TA Allow All Cars

GT4tube

***SIM VS and Arcade Vs: All Maps/ Tracks Fix MORE LAPS***
km distance track
(Big track 7km-10km = 6 Laps (1 or 2 Laps current version)
(Medium Track 3km-6km = 8 Laps (2-3 Laps current version)
(Small Track 1km-2km = 15 Laps (4-9 Laps current version)
(Sprint Track = 5 rounds (1 round current version)
(Remove unlock more laps at higher levels)

***Thunder Alley Mode***
-Car Category Add No Restriction (Able Allow All Cars)

Should be able all cars in TA road vehicles with fuel

***General***
-All Gamemodes Must have option to switch to sim or arcade.
-Implement the UI from later versions

zDtFFfr.png

Please! that be great game better stuff epic game! WILL PERFECT GAME!

MAKE PT GREAT AGAIN!
5d943aa0abc62-Project-Torque-1-256x256.png

Last edited:
you actually unlock more laps at higher levels..... its always been that way. so maybe hold off on calling that something that needs fixed until you've experienced the game at later levels.

you actually unlock more laps at higher levels..... its always been that way. so maybe hold off on calling that something that needs fixed until you've experienced the game at later levels.
IIRC it will be capped as per lowest level racer in the room.

I´d rather see max laps being higher as an option and allow room master to decide.

Other wishes apart from obviously all game modes, tracks and cars in shop, which I understand will not be for tomorrow!

General

Bring back non pay-to-win tools to shop e.g. half tank, raceline, quick repair, anti roll over etc

Implement the UI from later versions, especially for results screens to see all players laptimes drift time etc.

Have sim and arcade versions of all game modes not just VS.

Raise the view from chase cam F5 a bit to get a better view of the track ahead.

TA mode

Implement the faster performance when lower fuel level code as used in last versions on Level R and half tank tool to give more strategy options.

VS mode

Work on the room restriction settings to allow more filters e.g.same class and vehicle type, tuned or stock, min/max level to enter room.

I know that stupid logic and weird. I want normal laps without levels.

General

Bring back non pay-to-win tools to shop e.g. half tank, raceline, quick repair, anti roll over etc
No need. (Disagree) that was bad. that items like cheat shit to win.

Implement the UI from later versions, especially for results screens to see all players laptimes drift time etc.

Have sim and arcade versions of all game modes not just VS.

Raise the view from chase cam F5 a bit to get a better view of the track ahead.

TA mode

Implement the faster performance when lower fuel level code as used in last versions on Level R and half tank tool to give more strategy options.

VS mode

Work on the room restriction settings to allow more filters e.g.same class and vehicle type, tuned or stock, min/max level to enter room.

Agree!

Yes but how do you level up? Either by grinding or paying for doublers. Grinding away at 300 rp per single lap race is frustrating as you spend more time in loading screens and lobbies than on track. Also, as I said, if there is a lower level player in the room or as room master, then the max laps are still going to be limited to their level rather than the highest level player.

IMHO It´s much better immersion to have longer races where you can actually learn the tracks and race rather than maybe doing half a lap and being timed out because the winner is better or has a faster car.

My point about the non P2W tools is also to help noobs come into the game and stay there. It´s not much fun being schooled by people that played the game for ten years and know all the tricks.

Totally agree. Much more laps are definitely needed. Let the room master decide the length of the races. The CTF matches have received longer races, TA is on the way according to upcoming changes. VS and drift modes also need this. Having 200-300 RP from the race is not a good thing.

As for P2W items. Why Quick repair, some drift and explorer items, etc are considered as P2W? They cost RP and not real money. So everybody can afford them just by playing the game. Besides that's the other option to spend earned RP. Let the player decide whether he spends those for a new upgrade or a bunch of items. The more diversity the better.

And I miss the calendar thing. That was an other option to have extra RP/XP by completing daily/weekly tasks. Not to mention championships. That was probably the best feature Invictus ever implemented.

All the maps are designed for 8 players.
We would like to do larger game modes of 20 racing and 30 in TA but this is a while away yet.

TA will never get the other cars unlocked.
We want to work on a new game mode that is like a Track Day.
This will be maps designed for 20-30 players at a time on large long tracks in normal cars.

Physics are hard coded into each game mode. Would be a lot of work to toggle between the two.
Ideally we just improve the physicals in all game modes.
Example being Drift where some Sim elements would be nice but at the same time, needs to be fun and playable.

We will not be implementing later build's UI.
We brought back Project Torque Fiona build for a reason...

half tank, raceline, quick repair, anti roll over

Racelines has been brought back. It was not meant to go.
Though I do plan to make this a toggle option in menu rather than a trunk item.

I don't personally want to see the game have a dozen items that are necessary for each race like the rest mentioned.
Items like this allow players to be crap driver/low skilled without penalty.
Removing these items means that if you are bad, you have to get good to win.

Not quire sure how they did this in Level R. IDK what "half tank tool" is.

Yes but how do you level up?

Level 1-10 is very quick. Can be done within a few hours. And level 20 within 3 or so days if you put in a few hours each night.
The idea is that as you progress, you unlock more and more.

This is not to say I am against rising the laps on some maps. Some are too short to have 1 lap.
Those will get an increase but by the time we do this, you would have unlocked all the maps anyway..

all I want is more players in one room, the ability to create 8 players or 16 players room

Most maps are designed for 8 max. It is a lot of work to go back into maps and edit them with 16 car spawns.
It is not possible on many maps to do it.

See above post reply about game modes we want to do.

jack the "half tank tool" was a TA trunk item that let you start the race with only a half a tank of gas if I remember. This was when you got faster lap times with less fuel because of less weight. I think it was said somewhere that this has been turned off in the current build. So I'm not sure what good the item would be without that turned on.

Yes, it was an RP tool item. At some point I think around Julia build or Kitti, they made the cars get notably faster as fuel level dropped because before that there was no sense in using half tank as the car performance was just about the same.

We want to work on a new game mode that is like a Track Day.
This will be maps designed for 20-30 players at a time on large long tracks in normal cars.

Physics are hard coded into each game mode. Would be a lot of work to toggle between the two.
Ideally we just improve the physicals in all game modes.
Example being Drift where some Sim elements would be nice but at the same time, needs to be fun and playable.
That's awesome! Track Day mode would be cool!

Sim mode for now in PT feels like a 5-ton car without brakes, would be great to fix that too. In comparison for example with BeamNG drive driving on a keyboard and PT sim, this is not a simulation at all :unsure:

That's awesome! Track Day mode would be cool!

Sim mode for now in PT feels like a 5-ton car without brakes, would be great to fix that too. In comparison for example with BeamNG drive driving on a keyboard and PT sim, this is not a simulation at all :unsure:

Yea SIM is broken atm. Will look into it soon

This is not true. The max laps of a track is based on its level limit.
If laps were based on level, all of us now at level 52 would be able to do B-Road Rally for more than 1 lap, which isn't possible.

The cars in PT stop about as fast as they should. If you want them to stop on a dime, Arcade might be your jam.
You shouldn't even be trying to evaluate how realistic any game's physics are when using a keyboard.

Yea SIM is broken atm. Will look into it soon
Please don't wreck the sim physics like Invictus had done once.