What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

I'm unable to use my Thrustmaster T300

BillyCherokee

Hi guys! I am so happy to have discovered that this game revived! I can't wait to fix my problems to start playing with you and have some good when i was young vibes :)
Anyway. I want to play with my T300 but for some reason i am unable to rewrite the controls. I've checked lots of forums and this is what i've done so far:

- Run Steam as Admin
- Run the game as Admin
- Force Off the Steam Input

But for some reason, the game doesn't seem to detect my steering wheel because when i try to change the controls, nothing happens.
Any idea?
Thank you very much! :)

You need to physically map your wheel with the mouse in controls.
Thanks for the answer, unfortunately i think i can't really understand what do you mean. I've loaded the game and went to controls and tried to map everything but the game doesn't detect anything at all. For example, if i click on "Steer left" and turn my wheel to the left, nothing happens. Am i supposed to do something else?

he means to set up the wheel outside of the game to act as an alternative to mouse movement. so that moving left and right does the same as moving your mouse left and right and then in game set your movement to your mouse. your wheel becomes a hot key for mouse movement left and right basically.

he means to set up the wheel outside of the game to act as an alternative to mouse movement. so that moving left and right does the same as moving your mouse left and right and then in game set your movement to your mouse. your wheel becomes a hot key for mouse movement left and right basically.
Oh, allright so if instead of turning my wheel left to bind the key i move my mouse to the left, the mouse will be assigned to turn but when i'm playing the wheel will work even though i didn't really assign it? Good to know.
And how do i assign the rest of the wheel controls? (Throttle, shift up... Etc).
Thanks for the quick answers :)

I think it can all be done in a similar way. assign the buttons to hot keys on the keyboard and then in game set the functions to the correct keyboard keys. basically you are turning your keyboard and mouse into a middle man between the wheel setup and the game.