What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Idea for Faster and Better Development

Viciogamer47

Well hi devs!! im falling in love with this game even in the state it is right now and love the thinks you are planning to do after seen the Roadmap :3

But i thinks there are things you can do to work better and faster and so on:

Let the community help more or have a more big role in this, what i meant? this:

-Let them make the mayority of the cars: There are AWESOME people out there that can make awesomes cars and vinyls and body parts, like the car mods of NFS series OMG xD And there are so many people excited for the return of this game that would be so happy to contribute with something, so let them the chance to make ficticional cars for the game, that way you will have a lot more people worrying about that and we could have even 100+ cars thanks to the good work of the community.

-Let them help with the tracks: I have seen a lot of tracks on the game that are made with the same map, i mean a kinda-big map used for several layouts of tracks, dont know if it can be do but what if you (developers) made those big maps and let people make the tracks inside them, maeby inside the game or with a tool outside that you give where they take the map and put the barriers and the checkpoints so they can play with the maps for differents tracks, hope that can be done.

-Let them create challenge, story missions, task and so on: this i think its more like get "ideas" for new solo missions and so on but i think it can help

What i im trying to say with this is: Let the people, the awesome community help with the stetics and visuals more (cars and tracks) so you devs can have more time for the code and fixes, that way you can concentrate more on that harder area so can work faster and better with it, new modes, bugs and so.

I really want this game to grow up, im excited to see the Open World and more cars and customitation, for me even at this state its the best MMO Racing Game on internet and can be even better and want to see if the community can help more on them because i think the community deserve the chance to work for making this game awesome like you are doing :D even i want to help if i can, im not expert in programming but C# and Javascript i can help some xD

Hope you take into consideration my suggestion and if there are things that cant be made or so im happy to now and hear your opinions nwn

Happy Racing all!! (sorry my english btw im from venezuela xD)

You're thinking open source my friend , this a game from 2008. It can only be developed to a certain point. Your ideas are not out of this world, but it's still really in Beta at this moment in time. There is also a big community involement over on Discord for ideas and such, you can always offer some improvement logic over there too. :cool:

If people are good with 3d modelling they can certainly make the cars and provide the models, it's the coding of the performance and handling that's the part jack needs to learn

We are still waiting for the tools from invictus for creating those configurations

Here is the biggest problem with your suggestions. The 2 guys who make up the entire dev team atm don't have the tools that go with the game engine to add new things to it. Invictus still has those stashed somewhere. the devs are currently waiting to receive those tools from them... and have been waiting since august. So while in theory and on paper these ideas sound like they will speed things up.... they won't really as what is keeping it so slow is waiting on the old devs to hand over resources.

Here is the biggest problem with your suggestions. The 2 guys who make up the entire dev team atm don't have the tools that go with the game engine to add new things to it. Invictus still has those stashed somewhere. the devs are currently waiting to receive those tools from them... and have been waiting since august. So while in theory and on paper these ideas sound like they will speed things up.... they won't really as what is keeping it so slow is waiting on the old devs to hand over resources.

Why does it take so long? It seems like Invictus doesn't show a lot of commitment to the project?

Well that is because Invictus doesn't care. This project wasn't their idea, in fact they told Jack he was wasting his time and that no one would play the game and it was a lost cause. Yes they tried to talk him out of giving them 10k for the publishing rights. Invictus only makes mobile games now so this project means nothing to them. This revival is all fan based. Once invictus hands over the resources needed to put things into the game and the resources from other versions of the game so all content can find its way here eventually. Then Invictus will have nothing more to do with the game except receive 50% of the money from all CP purchases. Which given how bad their devs are, this is a good thing. the coding is a complete mess and the new dev team consists of 2 guys who are trying to make heads and tails of it at the moment. This is made even more difficult because it is written in hungarian and neither guy speaks hungarian.

Once we know the procedure of how to make new content for the game, we will open up the tools to select people to create new content.
I see this as a paid professional roll rather than fully open to everyone.

This may change in the future but for now, that is the direction we are going once we know how to make the content and have access to the tools to do so.

Invictus are working on finding and sharing this info/tools with us over the next few weeks.
It is hard to find this stuff as it was not well documented and everything is stored on backup drives, DVDs and offline storage etc