What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

I am unable to play the game.

BucketO‘Chicken

I recently decided to get this game on Steam, and I am unable to create my account on the game to play. I've tried resetting my password, but for some reason, it says its wrong. I tried looking for a way to get an access code like steam does when you don't remember your password, but I can't find it. it is getting to the point where I want to give up. Please help!

Hopefully he is not allowed to play due to his feeble attempt at humor. His nickname (obviously chosen to incite racial jokes) coincides with his avatar (again, obviously chosen to promote racial jokes) proving he has no place on a track. He is not the first. As arguably the fastest non gimmick driver in PT (non gimmick means no shortcuts, no wall riding, no exploits, no drafting, nothing but car and driver) and as a Black Man, this and things like it are tiring. Maybe one day those of you in the back of the class will realize we are all on this floating rock together. It could be paradise here if you want it to be. Sadly the lack of intellect among other things leads to what we have now instead of paradise.

Hopefully he is not allowed to play due to his feeble attempt at humor. His nickname (obviously chosen to incite racial jokes) coincides with his avatar (again, obviously chosen to promote racial jokes) proving he has no place on a track. He is not the first. As arguably the fastest non gimmick driver in PT (non gimmick means no shortcuts, no wall riding, no exploits, no drafting, nothing but car and driver) and as a Black Man, this and things like it are tiring. Maybe one day those of you in the back of the class will realize we are all on this floating rock together. It could be paradise here if you want it to be. Sadly the lack of intellect among other things leads to what we have now instead of paradise.

this was the most pointless comment I've seen get made on a post anywhere

Facepalm, you are batting three for three on not understanding what I posted and still feeling the need to involve yourself. That is a testament to dedication. Your mild fascination with me needs to stop. It's creepy and unwanted. All bad jokes aside, I was not counting on nor expecting you to understand.

I recently decided to get this game on Steam, and I am unable to create my account on the game to play. I've tried resetting my password, but for some reason, it says its wrong. I tried looking for a way to get an access code like steam does when you don't remember your password, but I can't find it. it is getting to the point where I want to give up. Please help!

Try using email in-game rather than username.

Facepalm, you are batting three for three on not understanding what I posted and still feeling the need to involve yourself. That is a testament to dedication. Your mild fascination with me needs to stop. It's creepy and unwanted. All bad jokes aside, I was not counting on nor expecting you to understand.
I understood very well what you wanna say.
Anyhow, I'm not going to continue any further. Wouldn't expect a normal response.

I would have to agree with Facepalm. Do you know the racial background of the player in question? No, so don't bring it up.

Palms deleted his messages
Roy, none of my posts are edited. Some were even quoted. How are you wrongfully surmising that I am bringing up the racial background of the op or anyone?

Seems I have to explain what I thought was obvious... or maybe some refuse to see what they are doing is part of the problem....

1. Making a username that is stereotypical and or for amusement at the expense of others is not ok
2. Using a picture to intensify the stereotypical nickname is not ok

As for why I find it irritating...it is because it is 2020 and people are still acting as if they do not know they are doing what they are doing. He knew by picking that name and that picture it would illicit a negative response of some type. If it were not designed that way then why not have a bucket of chicken as an avatar?

Portraying any group of people as weaker or less intelligent is a big part of why we are where we are today. Why perpetuate that stuff, even in small amounts, here in a place where we are just trying to drive a car around a track? We should probably get back to doing that or something before the powers that be decide they have read enough.

Palms deleted his messages
Roy, none of my posts are edited. Some were even quoted. How are you wrongfully surmising that I am bringing up the racial background of the op or anyone?

Seems I have to explain what I thought was obvious... or maybe some refuse to see what they are doing is part of the problem....

1. Making a username that is stereotypical and or for amusement at the expense of others is not ok
2. Using a picture to intensify the stereotypical nickname is not ok

As for why I find it irritating...it is because it is 2020 and people are still acting as if they do not know they are doing what they are doing. He knew by picking that name and that picture it would illicit a negative response of some type. If it were not designed that way then why not have a bucket of chicken as an avatar?

Portraying any group of people as weaker or less intelligent is a big part of why we are where we are today. Why perpetuate that stuff, even in small amounts, here in a place where we are just trying to drive a car around a track? We should probably get back to doing that or something before the powers that be decide they have read enough.
you don't even know if the guy in the pic is the player himself.
We're understanding very well what you're saying, you're not elevating yourself by explaining twice.
i didn't delete any of my messages.
You're literally trying to drive away a player for no reason. You're better off shutting up.

If you have a problem with someone's username, report the profile and ill take a look.
No need for armchair moderation or response to said armchair moderation.

Topic will remain open until OP confirms that their problem has been resolved.

Try using email in-game rather than username.
Didnt work for me. is there something else im missing?
Post automatically merged:

you don't even know if the guy in the pic is the player himself.
We're understanding very well what you're saying, you're not elevating yourself by explaining twice.
i didn't delete any of my messages.
You're literally trying to drive away a player for no reason. You're better off shutting up.
Just fyi, the guy is Rex Testarossa. He made a vine of him shouting chicken strips, and at the time i thought it was funny because i mainly play scout from TF2. if i need to change it, i will.

Last edited: