What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

how to get the mission manager?

GMAZ

I don't really know if my account is gliched or if the mission manager is unlockable, i tried searching for an answer on the internet, but didn't find anything unfortunately.

Was wondering about this when I got a Key. Good to know. Any idea Jack, when they could be enabled?

No time soon, given he needs the debadged models from invictus because some of the missions used licensed cars. So the missions will likely come back at the same time or shortly after we get the debadged licensed cars.

Missions are really a very important part of the game, I used to play a lot of them 10 years ago, and some missions were quite hard to get gold.
Missions also awarded bonus items/RP/Cars, etc which was super nice for new players.

I would love missions to come back, but if it's dependent on Invictus it might take a while; and maybe they want money. Frankly, they should be happy someone is actively working on a game which, in truth, although I like it, is really rather outdated - that said, it's quite popular now to resurrect games and some of them are still just as playable as they were 10 years ago. A lot of recent game "development" has involved super-shiny graphics and no or little new actual gameplay; and the super-shiny brings with it massive requirements for computing and graphics power. I don't see frame-rate issues on PT ?.

Long may PT continue, and I hope enough people join in to make it viable long term.

Well they might would be happy if they weren't a cell phone game company now. They, in their minds think this entire project is a lost cause. they have deemed PT "unfixable". If you thought something was a complete write off and not worthy investing in, would you waste time trying to hunt for files for it? of course not. You'd put all your people on your mobile games that you are now focusing on primarily. So I'm not surprised by their lack of caring. However they did promise to get them to Jack, and I think Jack should have forced a deadline of when to get them to him to be placed in the contract. A minor oversight that imo has caused many players to give up.

Or Invictus are scared that Jack will make a success of the game and are holding back with vital files. I mean in this day and age, and with Tech skills and knowledge how hard can it actually be to find these files and send them over in milliseconds!?

The game is low priority for them, they always said that.
That aside, the game is scattered across hard drives and DVDs. Most of the stuff isn't even there anymore, so go figure.
Them not wanting the game to be successful is stupid. They take 50% of income afaik, why would they NOT want the extra cash?

The game is low priority for them, they always said that.
That aside, the game is scattered across hard drives and DVDs. Most of the stuff isn't even there anymore, so go figure.
Them not wanting the game to be successful is stupid. They take 50% of income afaik, why would they NOT want the extra cash?
They will tell you anything, don't always believe what you read or hear. I don't trust Infectious and i think 50% is a piss take tbh imo.