What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

How bout a kind of premium account?

The idea is simple just like in other games;

a fix paid amount gives u a kind of premiumaccount.
Maybe 10€ for 50% more XP RP for 30 days. Babes and
double RP XP can also added.

So its an permanent running thing for the players and
the payment of servers etc.

Just an idea for the comfort.

Ps.: Maybe options to buy mor double RP XP in one click with a small bonus;
10 cost actually 49GP (thats not to much) evtl. buy 20 for 95GP instead of normally 98GP.
And 50 for maybe 200GP instead of 245GP.
Know what i mean? o_O

Last edited:
I am not a fan of this. This is a free to play game and adding some sort of premium subscription will make it appear as a pay to win game which is the exact opposite of what the game is trying to do. Yes I know such a model is popular today with greedy AAA companies but just because steve jumps off a cliff doesn't mean its a good idea and bob should do it too.

It would be viewed as such because it would be a "premium subscription" people are simple. they will read the name and assume. Just like people already assume that having things purchasable with real money that reward more xp/rp as being "pay to win" Yes I know it isn't but... a lot of people don't care, and just see it as microtransactions = pay to win.

It would be viewed as such because it would be a "premium subscription" people are simple. they will read the name and assume. Just like people already assume that having things purchasable with real money that reward more xp/rp as being "pay to win" Yes I know it isn't but... a lot of people don't care, and just see it as microtransactions = pay to win.

Pls. stop smoking funny things.

I don't smoke anything. As I said I know it isn't. However you have to look at the mass population who are on average pretty damn stupid and would freak the fuck out if there was a "premium subscription" If you don't believe me look at other games that do that and see how often it is called pay to win even when it isn't.

I don't smoke anything. As I said I know it isn't. However you have to look at the mass population who are on average pretty damn stupid and would freak the fuck out if there was a "premium subscription" If you don't believe me look at other games that do that and see how often it is called pay to win even when it isn't.

You talk about that "free-to-play-smartphone****"
There is it a normal practice.
World of tanks premium for example gives you only 50% more XP and credits.....
and a nice garage. Heroes&Generals gives you only more XP and credits....maybe some skins.

No SERIOUS fullclient game in know handles the premium in that kind you discripe.
And whats the problem if the walletwarrioirkids with daddys creditcard notice
that more points dont give more skill? They spend money, for long time cause they didnt realize,
and keep the servers and coders running?

Every game needs those blind, brainless spenders to stay allive.

The result is for engaged drivers long time of fun with a great game.

I can live totaly with this kind of wanganheroes....

WaHn, what Khrono is trying to say is that there are some that would see it that way. He understands that it is not true. In all retrospect, there really is no point to a "Premium" subscription, as the same stuff can be acquired now. Sure it makes it easier if you get a bunch of things in 1 click, but if 15 seconds is too long to click what you want, then you really don't have time to game, lol.

Khrono is right (judging by myself and my gamer friends), on the other side many people would like to have some kind of subscribtion.. I wouldn´t go with more xp because the girls give u 2x xp for a month with 12 dollars (so it´s already there anyway).. But if it would be seen as a supporter kind of thing with just a nick color change and some kind of premium sticker and wheels than many people may pay for it and it couldn´t be seen as pay2win if its just cosmetics.. or like a game pass with new unique cosmetics to earn every month by playing the game.. (like fortnite :D )

You talk about that "free-to-play-smartphone****"
There is it a normal practice.
World of tanks premium for example gives you only 50% more XP and credits.....
and a nice garage. Heroes&Generals gives you only more XP and credits....maybe some skins.

No SERIOUS fullclient game in know handles the premium in that kind you discripe.
And whats the problem if the walletwarrioirkids with daddys creditcard notice
that more points dont give more skill? They spend money, for long time cause they didnt realize,
and keep the servers and coders running?

Every game needs those blind, brainless spenders to stay allive.

The result is for engaged drivers long time of fun with a great game.

I can live totaly with this kind of wanganheroes....
Why a premium account is necessary in a F2P racing game? It is not necessary, if you want to help the game keep alive, why not buy GP? :)

If this get added to the game it will be horrible

I and many of my buddies would more than happily pitch $5 or $10 or $20 a month literally with 0 "reward" whatsoever. Just for the sake of supporting game development.

Throw in a "GS-style" sort of VIP or backer or patron logo in the game chat with a fancy color and bam, i'm sure many more people other than the hardcore supporters would buy it.

Throw in a handful of poppers per month with that subscription and even more people would buy it.

Throw in some other kind of cosmetic items that people can show off? maybe some exclusive car skins or even an exclusive car model? (ie. how we had that MarshallGT that only GSs could use). and even more people will buy it.

It literally doesn't matter what you do, if there are items in your game that can be bought via real world currency, there are going to be a handful of people (like khrono) that will cry "pay2win". If you ask me, that's irrelevant. Take as much of my money as quickly as you can.

But like .....what makes you think that lol
i don't think there's a single dang person in the world who has ever once said that fortnite is pay to win. but it has lots of microtransactions? I don't want to compare apples to oranges here. but you literally aren't going to find one single free online multiplayer game that doesn't have a boat load of micro transactions...and even many of those genuinely ARE "pay2win" ...and people complain, sure, but people still play...people still spend money. people WILL in fact pay to win.

Man I hate to be that guy, khorono. but I only come on the forum every couple weeks or whatever just to check up on things. and every single thread i open is riddled with negative comments from you that contribute absolutely nothing towards the topic at hand. You've got this low key passive aggression that just sets everybody off. and half the threads on this forum are just brainless arguments that you started lol

I mean honestly. I can't be the only one who's noticed this. It gives the entire PT community a bad rep man. If i was a new player checking out the forum for the first time, making a decision of whether or not i want to join the community,,,, helllllll nooooo i don't want anything to do with this kind of negativity. life is already stressful enough.

TL;DR Jack, please take my money <3

Hell, Jack, make a dang Patreon just for your own personal use. completely unaffiliated with PT and invictus. and just put the profits towards the game. even keep a few bucks for yourself. I'm down to support and i'm sure many others are as well.

guys. WE GOT PT BACK. i don't know about yall, but its been a childhood dream of mine to see this day come ever since PT shut down. so have some damn optimism. we got the game locked in for 5 years. every single negative post you write kills the ocmmunity's vibe, it brings jack down, makes everybody less passionate, and most importantly turns off new players. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. somebody post an idea that seems whack to you? well give us some logical reason as to why you feel that way. lets have a productive argument where we see the issue from all perspectives.

you don't like fortnite? keep that to yourself man. you're wasting everybody's time and energy including your own.

/rant end 8-|

I have a paypal and I am quite happy to take your money
That’s a lie.. i still owe you $5 that you never did let me pay. ?
I and many of my buddies would more than happily pitch $5 or $10 or $20 a month literally with 0 "reward" whatsoever. Just for the sake of supporting game development.

Throw in a "GS-style" sort of VIP or backer or patron logo in the game chat with a fancy color and bam, i'm sure many more people other than the hardcore supporters would buy it.

Throw in a handful of poppers per month with that subscription and even more people would buy it.

Throw in some other kind of cosmetic items that people can show off? maybe some exclusive car skins or even an exclusive car model? (ie. how we had that MarshallGT that only GSs could use). and even more people will buy it.

It literally doesn't matter what you do, if there are items in your game that can be bought via real world currency, there are going to be a handful of people (like khrono) that will cry "pay2win". If you ask me, that's irrelevant. Take as much of my money as quickly as you can.

But like .....what makes you think that lol
i don't think there's a single dang person in the world who has ever once said that fortnite is pay to win. but it has lots of microtransactions? I don't want to compare apples to oranges here. but you literally aren't going to find one single free online multiplayer game that doesn't have a boat load of micro transactions...and even many of those genuinely ARE "pay2win" ...and people complain, sure, but people still play...people still spend money. people WILL in fact pay to win.

Man I hate to be that guy, khorono. but I only come on the forum every couple weeks or whatever just to check up on things. and every single thread i open is riddled with negative comments from you that contribute absolutely nothing towards the topic at hand. You've got this low key passive aggression that just sets everybody off. and half the threads on this forum are just brainless arguments that you started lol

I mean honestly. I can't be the only one who's noticed this. It gives the entire PT community a bad rep man. If i was a new player checking out the forum for the first time, making a decision of whether or not i want to join the community,,,, helllllll nooooo i don't want anything to do with this kind of negativity. life is already stressful enough.

TL;DR Jack, please take my money <3

Hell, Jack, make a dang Patreon just for your own personal use. completely unaffiliated with PT and invictus. and just put the profits towards the game. even keep a few bucks for yourself. I'm down to support and i'm sure many others are as well.

guys. WE GOT PT BACK. i don't know about yall, but its been a childhood dream of mine to see this day come ever since PT shut down. so have some damn optimism. we got the game locked in for 5 years. every single negative post you write kills the ocmmunity's vibe, it brings jack down, makes everybody less passionate, and most importantly turns off new players. There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. somebody post an idea that seems whack to you? well give us some logical reason as to why you feel that way. lets have a productive argument where we see the issue from all perspectives.

you don't like fortnite? keep that to yourself man. you're wasting everybody's time and energy including your own.

/rant end 8-|
Could not agree more with the majority of that. I’m certainly guilty of some of the negativity myself.

I also agree that there are tons of us, WANTING to spend money on this game, but here i am level 36 with every car i want maxed and still have nearly $9k GP left from backing the game. Maybe i’m set up enough the buy anything else that comes out and max it out as well, but regardless, we need more content. And since that is really the main topic here, let me get back to it with my opinion..

While i don’t see RP/XP trunk or girls as PTW, i don’t necessarily think a subscription containing only them, is really beneficial. As some have already stated, why would we need a subscription when they are already easily attainable? However as Anxiety said, pair those items with some other things that may NOT be easily attainable such as name color that everyone sees, or cosmetics for the vehicles that only subscribers can get, and i’d bet they’d sell like hotcakes. Everyone wants to be different, but with so many players and so few cosmetic changes we can make to our cars, some of us will end up looking the same. So add some stuff that not everyone can have, and make it GP only or subscription based, and you’ll see some income.

IMO, make some of the cars cost more GP. IK Jack already promised to keep lower prices on them, but i had them all back in the day when a single car cost $20. And that was bought with money i got for mowing lawns in middle school, then later on when i got my first part-time minimum wage job during highschool. I had no problem spending the money back then, so now that i’m older with a full-time job as an adult, why would it be any different? And i’m sure i’m not the only one who feels that way. Make sure to make them all available for RP as well so we don’t have the P2W whiners, but not easily. Make taking the “easy way out” with GP seem appealing but worthwhile for you guys as the GMs.
Post automatically merged:

The