What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Hey guys!

Old-Skool

A question for yas.... Buy another graphics card ( what one? ) or just shell out on a whole new rig and monitor?
Rig;
I7
780 TI
120 ssd- Win 10 pro 64 bit.
1tb hdd
Zalman liquid cooler
Gigabyte G1 sniper M5 M/B
16 gigs ram
27in benq.

Your CPU is good enough to go a few years more.

I´m on a RX570 8GB and playing in 4K with forced 8xEQ adaptive-AA and forced 16x Anisotropic Filtering, spits out over 60FPS.
I whould give the advice to not buy slower than RX 570 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB, GTX 1660.
Everything like GTX 1650 1050Ti, RX560 are way slower.

According to the website I found, most of the games can still handle high @ 1080p. So, you are still good to go.
If you ask for upgrade, maybe first things first will be GPU.

EDIT : Here is the link : https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti/intel-core-i7-4770-3-40ghz/high#mainads
Your CPU is good enough to go a few years more.

I´m on a RX570 8GB and playing in 4K with forced 8xEQ adaptive-AA and forced 16x Anisotropic Filtering, spits out over 60FPS.
I whould give the advice to not buy slower than RX 570 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB, GTX 1660.
Everything like GTX 1650 1050Ti, RX560 are way slower.
I was having trouble in BFV and Wreckfest.... After both games updated i was experiencing crashing after about an hour of gameplay- someone said my card maybe getting too hot punching out the max settings, so maybe it's just a case of lowering the settings, but it i want detail so I will probably look at getting a new I9 system next year.

Actually you should monitor the temps and share the results on here
Because the temps are game changer.

Actually you should monitor the temps and share the results on here
Because the temps are game changer.
I got Afterburner , will have a look at the weekend with me spare gaming hours lol... i like to Snipe on BFV so it could be a long drawn out affair. ;)

Since the GTX 700 Series Nvidia uses a Temperature-Target and will throttle the Cards to hold it. (around 80°C to 85°C)
Since this, dangerous overheating normally doesn´t occure anymore.
Nevertheless if you grab the highest settings the 3GB VRAM of your 780Ti will not be enough, leading to stuttering and big lags.

I read your i9 idea again. And i must say, that maybe 3-5 Games today use over 12 CPU-Threads and thats not gonna change quickly.
Next year intel brings the 10000 series, again on 14nm+++ Process and not in 10nm, but it looks like every CPU get SMT/Hyperthreading enabled,
so one will probably get 12 Threads from an i5, wich makes an i9 even more senseless in my opinion.
Beside that an 2020 i3 will be faster than your current i7, both having 8 Threads.

Ran BFV on high and then low, temperatures were fine, it judders, stutters and freezes but dosen't crash. But it will allow gameplay for a couple of minutes and just goes through the said process. I'm gonna say the 780 ti card has been made redundant by BFV. ?

where the temeratures below 82°C all the time? good, so it should clock upwards of 825MHz all the time
if the Temps of yout CPU are okay, too, its clocks shouldn´t drop below 3,6GHz for a non-K and 3,7 for a 4770K.
BFV should be run in DirectX 11 mode
did you try to set everything to lowest settings?
EA writes minimum requirement:
  • Windows 7 (64-Bit), Windows 8.1 und Windows 10
  • Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K (recommended Intel Core i7 4790)
  • 8 GB RAM
  • (NVIDIA): GeForce® GTX 1050 / NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2 GB
  • (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 560 / HD 7850 2 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11.0-kompatible
your rig should be able to run BFV in relatively low settings but without any hickups

I been thinking, what if Nvidia's drivers are making that problem. Because years ago, there was a problem with Nvidia driver update that made the gameplay worse on some games. And then it was fixed afterwards.

In this video you see, that your CPU should not make very big problems.
But the VRAM is at 3.9GB on this GTX1070 with everything but renderscale set to low.
This fact shows, that you will need to set even the renderscale well under 100%, or try to play in 1600x900. And leave the VRAM-restriction-shifter OFF. since this can cause texture-load-stuttering inside a match/game. Use Afterburner overlay to monitor that you stay below 2750MB VRAM usage (90% of 3072MB), leaving 10% for texture preloads open.
I would say, that not the performance of your card is the main problem, but mostly the 3GB VRAM.
other videos show othe results, but i would recommend to try the lowest possible everything turned down or off and if you get it stable maybe turn it up again afterwards