What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Give it a chance

DynamiteDriver

After the new build release i've pleasantly noticed a rework of the brakes.
It's all fine and dandy, after a few rounds i've got the hang of it and to add something hilarious all the rammers are left baffled and plastered on every wall.
Said so i've noticed one negative aspect this change has brought: the kawana is less competitive than ever before. I'm a big k6 user, maybe one of the best around (considering i'm using kb to play),
i perfectly know that to have a fighting chance with it, one must master it and don't mess up. But now the slight and only vantage that the old hard braking did is gone.
I would like you to consider to rework the kawana an give it a bit more power, just a tiny bit to even the odds, also consider that is the only car in class 1 that have FR traction, so even new players can use it as a mean to test different driving styles.
Thank you for your time.

I was racing with some K's in a Lion earlier, the Lion gets away much quicker, but as you say don't mess up or you are doomed, perfect line, perfect gearing, perfect braking is a must otherwise the K just whoohes past you like a streak of piss lol....

I was racing with some K's in a Lion earlier, the Lion gets away much quicker, but as you say don't mess up or you are doomed, perfect line, perfect gearing, perfect braking is a must otherwise the K just whoohes past you like a streak of piss lol....
Lol it was actually referred to a kawana user against a Lion, the lion always have the upper hand..

I would also have to agree, the brakes on the Kawana sure got a big downgrade, and compared to other cars, it now lacks a lot of its former competitive agility.

I actually got the hang of the brakes right away, remember engine braking also helps and of course you will have to brake earlier in every corner or take advantage of the rear drive and just drift your way in the corner. i find myself in the need of using the handbrake as well for some more technical tracks. But as everything else, the more you use, the more you get used to it so its a question of time, indeed it does not takes out the fact the kawana got a brake downgrade, but as a solution, braking balancers might help a little.