What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Ghost mode at Thunder Alley ( Sunbay ect. )

PlanetPowder

In the TA, the Ghost mode is partly essential, such as in the box and at the exit. Generally, all find that well resolved. Nevertheless, the Ghost mode leads to considerable distortion in competition.

1. Pit entry
Have talked to several players who play a lot of TA, the Ghost line continue to cover, and indeed on the line where the right wall begins all consider desirable. Rear-end accidents often happen here, at the expense of players who are not to blame

2. In pit
Blackflag during the ghost between entry and exit are unnecessary and belongs away.

3. Pit exit
After the exit, players must be prevented from continuing to remain in the Ghost, which can thereby gain an extreme advantage. Back flag or penalty after 5 sec. may provide a solution.

4. On the track
On the track there must be no ghost mode, not even for slow-moving or stationary vehicles. Where is there something like that?

Greets

Last edited:
Remember most of us are old timers who paid to access and know what we are doing. Ghost mode is to protect from all the crazies who drive the wrong way. give up during a race or ram. When it becomes F2P prepare for all those people. In real life, you would need a racing license to be on track.

Perhaps some fine tuning is necessary but overall I think semi ghost mode works quite well as it is.

What i would like to be solved is the drive-thru penalty auto pilot that always get's me in the grass after exiting the pit. Also sometimes i happen to be 200m away from the closest player in the begging of a race, and sometimes another players get's even far like 500m from the closest one, probably something to do with spawn positions...