What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game economy

Anxiety I too have been in this game since its beginning ( formerly "Racecarfan" ) and I agree with your conclusions and hope they are adopted. You put forth a well thought out and written essay hopefully something will come out of it .

the issue is. Increase vs all you want. all you will get is every room wangan farming. you still won't have people doing legit racing even if you increase payouts 5000% all because wangan is a thing and broken. So ok. kill drag mode, boost up all tracks a ton and watch every room become wangan. congrats people are still farming.

We just need more people to spend more money ( GP ) on stuff, consumables, whole level boost packs, graphical items to set you apart from others, fancy coloured names, fun items for cars, more cars ( I believe there are skilled car moddelers in the community ) for the new cars. And in turn the game will grow over night. If people are not going to grind and farm and are willing to spend cash then why not let them.

We just need more people to spend more money ( GP ) on stuff, consumables, whole level boost packs, graphical items to set you apart from others, fancy coloured names, fun items for cars, more cars ( I believe there are skilled car moddelers in the community ) for the new cars. And in turn the game will grow over night. If people are not going to grind and farm and are willing to spend cash then why not let them.

The problem is, there aren't any stuff to enable on the shop that are not pay to win, licensed cars are a no for now, and adding things in the game is not as simple as adding one file in the files and then adding that to the shop.
More cars are eventually gonna return, but not now since adding the cars cannot be automated.
For whole level boost packs, I was thinking about it and I'll admit that while it makes it feel like a mobile game, it could both work and not work.
It could work in terms of people who don't wanna grind to boost themselves up.
On the other hand, that kinda kills the reason of the multipliers.

the issue is. Increase vs all you want. all you will get is every room wangan farming. ....

One of several simple ways around this, is to boost the difficulty bonus for all tracks in VS except for Wangan. I agree that Wangan should not be the highest paying track, but as for farming? Its always going to be there. Players will always flock to whatever the most efficient way to level up is.

That said, farming is not the issue here, is it?

Agreed with @Old-Skool but yeah, at this point there really is nothing worth spending money on. I think lots and lots more cosmetic items would be great. And I still think a little "VIP" subscription for $5-10 a month that gives you some little cosmetic changes like a fancy colored name/icon in chat, maybe a small amount of GP and/or girls per month would be great, even in the current game state.

EDIT: Just want to add that by cosmetics I'm referring to any literal cosmetic items - ie. colors, bodykits, vinyls, rims, name tag, custom crew icon, stickers, etc etc. I'm aware of the "cosmetic" items from Heat Online and personally I'm all for adding them back. It ain't 2007 anymore and people love that kind of stuff. But yes, scrap the performance gains from em.

I know this isn't a mobile game. But there are plenty of mobile (and non-mobile) games that do micro-transactions right.

How would a "level boost pack" work?

Last edited:
A level boost pack I presume would give you a huge amount of XP to level you up, maybe RP too
But why would it give you RP when you can get GP?
Buying RP with money is kinda... dumb in a way.
For cosmetics, the game does have some cosmetics but they're apparently too cartoony (big block engine) and they have ingame advantages programmed in. So unless those are removed, they can't see light.
I want em back personally, but that's me.

Exactly Anx. Farming will always exist and therefore people will always do that 1 thing that pays the most. Which seems to be where his whole issue comes from, he doesn't want to feel "he has to" do that 1 thing to keep up with everyone else and how fast they get things in the game. Sadly this will always exist no matter what so the only real solution is to go at your own pace and not worry about others and how fast others progress. Just my feelings on it. As a level 31 who wants to max out the latest cars and can't without grinding and not really in the mood to do so. I'm at the same not bothered by it. When I get the class 3-6 cars that I enjoyed the most back in day back in the game and can get those I will get those levels to fully max the top end cars in no time. I am satisfied with waiting until then to focus on playing a lot again.

Exactly Anx. Farming will always exist and therefore people will always do that 1 thing that pays the most. Which seems to be where his whole issue comes from, he doesn't want to feel "he has to'...

But this is not the issue I'm raising. Not wanting to farm is one thing, but the issue is that VS payouts are substantially lower than every other mode. Its not fair to compare yours or my or anyone's progression with players who are just starting out today, since we were lucky enough to spend a fair bit of time doing Drift&Wait back when it actually paid. Not to mention payouts in general were much higher in the beginning, when you and i and all the "OG's" were most active.

It just doesn't make any sense that me spending 10 minutes in drift mode, ctf, drag mode is going to net me like 10k rpxp. But 10 minutes in VS mode is only going to net me like 2k or less. (i'm just pulling numbers out of my head here, but I think they're fairly accurate? maybe someone can confirm haha) This is a racing game. If anything, all modes should pay less per minute than VS mode if you ask me. Optimally, I think they should all be balanced. But I suppose that's exactly why we're having this discussion, right? :)

EDIT: pretty sure I completely exaggerated the payouts here, nonetheless VS is absolutely the lowest paying mode.

Last edited:
I will agree at least, that VS does pay too little, in a game about racing.
Though the higher payouts are also done to encourage people to try other modes.
Though I feel that Drag Mode's big payout has accidentally killed TA, since that was the way to go for grinding.
And it's not like it really helped with the Wangan rooms. They're still everywhere.

why not just increase a % for xp and rp gain for each tier ? tier 1 0%, tier 2 25%, tier 3 50%, tier 4 100%, tier 5 150%, tier 6 200%, tier 7 250%, tier 8 300%......... and so on that would incentivate people to use other cars not just tier 1 cars.... i ve seen almost everyone play tier 1 racing even lvl 40s...... change your ways or this will be filled with farmers only!!!!!!!!!!