What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game economy

Ok, still playing.... I was a big fan earlier, that is why I backed the game. Now the payouts SUCK. Old pt players now dont have as much time as they used to. Put the payouts back to the pt/heat online level, othervise you will lose players very quickly. And put original shop items (trunk items) back in the game, like for drift the extender, combo seeker for explorer, etc. THAT WOULD BE PART OF THE ORIGINAL PT FEELING. NOW, THIS IS NOT THE GAME I WANTED TO SUPPORT. I CAN'T SAY I'M DISAPOINTED, I AM ANGRY, VERY ANGRY, SORRY. THIS WAY THIS GAME SUCKS!

Ok, still playing.... I was a big fan earlier, that is why I backed the game. Now the payouts SUCK. Old pt players now dont have as much time as they used to. Put the payouts back to the pt/heat online level, othervise you will lose players very quickly. And put original shop items (trunk items) back in the game, like for drift the extender, combo seeker for explorer, etc. THAT WOULD BE PART OF THE ORIGINAL PT FEELING. NOW, THIS IS NOT THE GAME I WANTED TO SUPPORT. I CAN'T SAY I'M DISAPOINTED, I AM ANGRY, VERY ANGRY, SORRY. THIS WAY THIS GAME SUCKS!
That's exactly what I tried to explain in this topic: https://community.projecttorque.rac...nt-race-bonus-to-become-an-rp-item-again.151/ but neither Jack or the other players seem to understand it. I guess Jack will find that the hard way - when he loses all the players and only 4-5 players who love endless grinding remain on the server...

ME: Lowers the cost of the cars and increased payout.
The 1%: "Game sucks now, too much grind, no one will play"
PT Players:
View attachment 327
Connections are like this because of open beta. When they do the math how many hundred races they'll have to make, the connections will return to the numbers of the closed beta...

how many hundred races they'll have to make
It's a racing game.
The more number of races you could do - the better.
Issue it become only when there is no variety, like in case it was on Cork, when everybody grinded PD on it before.
With enough variety of cars and tracks, the more races - the better.
I hope new tracks, locations it's something that will come after release.

There is nothing wrong with current payout or pricing. Considering all cars above class 2 are out of the game there is nothing more to buy anyway. Now, the farmers who got their cars before the shop delete, what happens to them???

Connections are like this because of open beta. When they do the math how many hundred races they'll have to make, the connections will return to the numbers of the closed beta...

The old pricing was higher for the cars and upgrades than what it is now.
The payout was lower back then compared to what it is now.

What translator are you using, because either it is not translating very well that we have lowered the grind or you playing stupid now.

The old pricing was higher for the cars and upgrades than what it is now.
The payout was lower back then compared to what it is now.

What translator are you using, because either it is not translating very well that we have lowered the grind or you playing stupid now.
And now instead of sim drift grinding we all grind on wangan because that's the track that pays the most if you're lucky enough to be first. I needed 2 days to get 32 000 RP with your "economy". Before you broke the economy (and before you removed RBx3) I needed 2 hours tops to get 32 000 RP. Apparently your dictionary is wrong cuz you don't know the meaning of the word "grinding" in games terms.
But guess what - the moment my best friend reaches level 10 we WILL grind on sim drift, in spite of your efforts to destroy the game.
Even a former PT player who just started the open beta was disappointed in the low payout is now and how it has nothing to do with the way Invictus made it. You can ask him for yourself - I'll tell you his nickname in a PM, if you want.

The reason they nerfed drift and wait is because people don't want to see 500 drift and wait rooms in the versus lobby. so now only a handful of people will be doing d&w, while most will be actually playing the game the way it was intended to be done. Now don't get me wrong. I love d&w and will do it myself from time to time but I don't HAVE to do it now. I can get just as much racing or playing in other modes. which was how the game was intended to be played. so far 2 out of 3000 are unhappy with the new system while everyone else is happy. lets be completely honest here and stop bullshitting. you don't really think this ruins the game, the real truth is... you just want to throw a tantrum because you can't exploit the game anymore. You are only concerned in reality about how it is effecting you personally and not what is best for the game as a whole.

Then I guess I'll just have to wait for Drift City Remastered to be released. It may be far from realism but the player isn't punished for drifting and for loving to drift and I'll give my money to drift city. Unless Jack and his team of devs find a way to make Drift Mode with Sim physics.

but you getting 2rp for drifting means you are rewarded for drifting. If it was punishing you for drifting you would lose rp if you got a perfect drift not gained some. Again stop trying to sugar coat it. YOU ARE PISSED YOU CAN NO LONGER EXPLOIT!!! The sooner you are honest with yourself and stop trying to pretend you have some noble cause and everyone is out to get you the sooner you realize how damn stupid you sound. yes they want to punish you, the game and devs and everything revolves around rado and what he wants and likes. they nerfed it just to piss you off... like really.. get over yourself dude. no gives a fuck if you are pissed. You aren't the center of everything.

Haha... a person closes the game for himself because he can no longer abuse the drift... ?‍♂️

Everything is normal now with the economy, you drive more and better = you get more and develop faster, then there will still be boosts to receive both RP and XP...

And these micro-people apparently want to complete the game in an hour (exaggerate, a week), and what will you do next? To drift in the Russian hangar all day on a top car??‍♂️

but you getting 2rp for drifting means you are rewarded for drifting. If it was punishing you for drifting you would lose rp if you got a perfect drift not gained some. Again stop trying to sugar coat it. YOU ARE PISSED YOU CAN NO LONGER EXPLOIT!!! The sooner you are honest with yourself and stop trying to pretend you have some noble cause and everyone is out to get you the sooner you realize how damn stupid you sound. yes they want to punish you, the game and devs and everything revolves around rado and what he wants and likes. they nerfed it just to piss you off... like really.. get over yourself dude. no gives a fuck if you are pissed. You aren't the center of everything.
And now WE ALL are exploiting Wangan and all you can see (especially on Arcade) are Wangan rooms with names like "Wangan farm", "Wangan RP/XP" and so on. So @Jack didn't actually kill farming by making PD so cheap, he merely moved the farming to another track... :LOL:

"SIM Drift grinding". This guy's complaints is merely about it. Someone please return that god damn drift bonuses otherwise he wont shut up at all.

H o w e v e r,Wangan grinding the way it is currently sucks,too. Actually,no grinding is good at all. Every mode became balanced economy-wise,except Wangan. Its obvious,a big straight where you can travel faster will pay you more as the system is mainly based on the distance you traveled. @Jack,please lower the Wangan earnings to compensate it and we will be all good.

Unless Jack and his team of devs find a way to make Drift Mode with Sim physics.
They will do it,be patient. This was a feature in Heat Online,so it will probably return,eventually.

Also,if you like Drift City,why dont you just play the Arcade drift in PT meanwhile? I can guarantee its more realistic than Drift City ever was. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Also,if you like Drift City,why dont you just play the Arcade drift in PT meanwhile? I can guarantee its more realistic than Drift City ever was. :ROFLMAO:
I don't like DC. I used to play it as a replacement of Level R after the latter died.
However, I finally got the hang of the arcade physics in Drift Mode on PT, so, @Jack, from now on I completely stop complaining! Seriously! Here's the proof. :) Until now I was complaining because I was unable to drift properly with the arcade physics in Drift Mode. Frankly the arcade physics was much harder for me to understand than the simulation physics.
I even found a reason to pay real money for CP (2xRP), once Jack & Co. release the CP shop. :D

... @Jack,please lower the Wangan earnings to compensate it and we will be all good....
Can you stop asking Jack to lower reward you dont like ? :cautious:

P.S. i dont like Wangan , i dont love to spend much time doing same straight line but some players love it, dont understand why they have to be penalized.

Can you stop asking Jack to lower reward you dont like ? :cautious:

P.S. i dont like Wangan , i dont love to spend much time doing same straight line but some players love it, dont understand why they have to be penalized.
The hell? Its not "rewards I dont like". Its just about balancing all game modes to pay the same percents of RP/XP,cant you realize that?

penalized.
Why you keep repeating that word everytime? Who is being penalized?

I'm starting to wonder if some of you guys are using a bad translator or what,because you look like literally dont understanding what we are writing.

The hell? Its not "rewards I dont like". Its just about balancing all game modes to pay the same percents of RP/XP,cant you realize that?
This is about a track not about differents modes.

Why you keep repeating that word everytime? Who is being penalized?

I'm starting to wonder if some of you guys are using a bad translator or what,because you look like literally dont understanding what we are writing.
I understand very well, you ask to reward less race on Wangan, you ask to reward less a player driving 100 miles on Wangan instead of a player driving 100 miles on circuit, serpentine or others maps.

No not less than other players on other maps. asking to make it so all maps reward evenly. right now other maps pay less than wangan so its not fair because wangan is the easiest thing in the game.