What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game economy

Idk, I was fine with the old system, but thats my opinion. I hope there will be a Toyota Trueno replica in the game, and a Subaru Imprezza replica. These are the cars I wanted to buy wit cp

there will be whenever invictus hands them over. The old system made it so that in order to make any decent xp/rp you had to do drift and wait rooms. The game shouldn't have a meta for grinding. you should be able to play w/e you enjoy and grind just as fast as anyone else.

You speak for yourself,not for everyone else.

So basically you're saying that even if the game economy is totally broken with farming glitches and people exploiting them,you dont care as long as they arent stealing. I can see you really dont give a damn about getting the game working like its supposed to do.
Obviously i speak for myself.
If for you game economy is totally broken etc etc i dont understand what you do here maybe this is not the game you search for, as i remember hundreds of player was happy with game economy and more than 300 give money to revive PT like it was, not sure that they will be pleased about those changes.
The game is supposed to be like it is, once more i think you are looking for a different game

Obviously i speak for myself.
If for you game economy is totally broken etc etc i dont understand what you do here maybe this is not the game you search for, as i remember hundreds of player was happy with game economy and more than 300 give money to revive PT like it was, not sure that they will be pleased about those changes.
The game is supposed to be like it is, once more i think you are looking for a different game

Original economy Quardro with upgrades = 145,000 RP
New economy Quadro with upgrades = 64,000 RP

Use to take around 18 hours to get the Quadro and upgrades, now 8 hours.

If for you game economy is totally broken etc etc i dont understand what you do here maybe this is not the game you search for, as i remember hundreds of player was happy with.
Sir,your comment doesnt even make sense. As a fan of this game you should know that its player base and popularity are down to shame,you are supposed to incentivate people to come back and not asking them to leave just because they dont share your thoughts,very rude of you.
as i remember hundreds of player was happy with game economy and more than 300 give money to revive PT like it was, not sure that they will be pleased about those changes.
Its not like the players was plenty happy with the old economy,its more like they just didnt had the choice back then,can you understand this? Like I've said before,Invictus never cared about the players feedback but @Jack and the others do,thats why we are trying to improve the game. You know what's better than the old PT? An updated PT.

I am one of the Backers. I donated 100 bucks. And let me inform you. YOU do not speak for me. I didn't donate so I could have PT in the exact state it was in before. I donated because this time the fans are in control meaning it will be BETTER than it was back then. What sold me on backing it was when jack said he would be in charge of changes to the game and that invictus would have very little to do with it after they handed over the source code. Had we been getting a repeat of before with the same broken mess and same group of devs who didn't care about the game and what the consumers wanted... then I wouldn't have been a backer. So tell me... how much did you donate? Given you've only recently been active I'd venture to say you missed it and were late to the party, assuming you would have donated. So please stop speaking for those whom you are not a part of. Us backers/beta testers can speak for ourselves and we for damn sure do not agree with anything you are saying.

Sir,your comment doesnt even make sense. As a fan of this game you should know that its player base and popularity are down to shame,you are supposed to incentivate people to come back and not asking them to leave just because they dont share your thoughts,very rude of you.
I only said that reading yours post game like it is now is far away from what you like, i never asked someone to leave !

You know what's better than the old PT? An updated PT.
Not for me, i prefer an old but lasting PT

So please stop speaking for those whom you are not a part of. Us backers/beta testers can speak for ourselves and we for damn sure do not agree with anything you are saying.

I speak for me exactly like you, i'm also a backers/beta testers but maybe i lost election that give you charge to speak for all backers/beta testers

Calm down guys. It is just a game.

I know there are a lot of OG players here but for this game to survive we have to modernise a little.
This means the grinding elements of the game need to be tuned to something more doable in today's society of wanting everything now while balancing some grind in there.
Grinding 8-10 hours per car looks to be fair. If people want to skip they grind or lessen it, they can with GP.
If you don't want the grind to be easy, happy to add a negative booster.
Everybody happy.

If you don't want the grind to be easy, happy to add a negative booster.
I cant believe he actually said that. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously trought,
yours post game like it is now is far away from what you like
No sir,thats no way true. I've loved it through the years and missed this game forever,even dreamed about it. Otherwise I wouldnt be here,right? All I saying is that the game is slowly being improved. Changes being discussed in this topic arent personal,theyre good for everyone. Its not touching game features,just fixing and balancing economy,which was a bit broke to say the least,due to Invictus greed back in the day. If they keep the way it was,at worse it will just scare possible new players as being an old game yet unbalanced. God,what else is needed to convince you that those changes are for the best?

Last edited:
Idk, I was fine with the old system, but thats my opinion. I hope there will be a Toyota Trueno replica in the game, and a Subaru Imprezza replica. These are the cars I wanted to buy wit cp

Maybe the distance and coean sector bonus should be higher in TA races. I think its fun to race a longer TA event, and it even requires a lot of concentration (when you arevin lap 20-25), so it would be a nice thing, if we could earn neat xp/rp with it

My two cents:

- Leveling is progressive, never comes back and act like barriers to unlock things. It must be used to unlock new tracks, cars, upgrades, modes, and even items and power ups.

- Money must be abundant in every mode, but enough to force players to make choices with their money, since the starting game. The closer with real life prices for cars and upgrades, better. Because, upgrade a car in real life is not cheap.

- Car Prices from same category shouldn't have the same price. For 2 reasons:
1 They wouldn't cost the same in real life.
2 As some cars are better than others depending the mode, and modes are unlocked by leveling progression, then it must be part of the trial and error experience of game progression.

- Players at low level must have a similar progression of money and XP, to be encouraged to discover every new thing unlocked at every new level.

- Players at mid level range (15-35) must have a bunch of things unlocked, but not enough money to buy them all. So the higher tier upgrades for class 3 and above (and cars themselves) to be pricey enough to force the player to stick more with fewer cars.

- Higher levels must have longer gaps to unlock stuff, even if most race rounds goes faster and raises the payout per minute played. So they will have more money than enough level and will have opportunity of accomplishment by going back and upgrade lower tier cars that had left behind. Also, they will be prone to have instant access to new content as long as they come to the game.

Using this logic, there's a plenty room to implement microtransaction elements to sometimes makes the player build level or RP faster.

Last edited:
How about we full reset on Sunday night.
Beta players will then get Monday through Friday to play on final accounts, we then release the game Friday evening.

Full reset being accounts wiped of XP, RP and everything else.
This means we start fresh on the new economy system and balanced game modes.

Don't forget to reset the statistics, too.