What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game economy

every game has players who are higher levels at any given starting point; to me it's a non-issue.
This.
I agree with the prupose of Beta testers,but I see no problems if these people are leveling up in that meantime. Actually I find it pretty fair considering that the biggest part of these testers backfunded the project. I mean,it's easy to donate for something that is working already,but these guys trusted their money on the project in an moment where it was just an dream and nothing was guaranteed. If now we got the game running,you can thank this testers and let them have this advantage is the least we could do,I suppose?

How about we full reset on Sunday night.
Beta players will then get Monday through Friday to play on final accounts, we then release the game Friday evening.

Full reset being accounts wiped of XP, RP and everything else.
This means we start fresh on the new economy system and balanced game modes.

Why not just put all shop items for free for final week (or give everyone 999,999,999 RP) and then start everyone off from 0 again on Friday in that case? Can´t get fairer than that and then the beta testing can actually test all the cars and tracks that are still locked for most people.

Last edited:
Why not just put all shop items for free for final week (or give everyone 999,999,999 RP) and then start everyone off from 0 again on Friday in that case? Can´t get fairer than that and then the beta testing can actually test all the cars and tracks that are still locked for most people.

Quite happy to do this.

When beta started Jack said progress will count for official release, with new prices in shop maybe we have lost some RP to upgrade our starter car but now everybody is saying we have to loose all our XP earned still now ?? totally unfair

I forgot to reply yesterday and so it's kinda too late, but i feel that all this is going to make the game a bit too much on the easy side.
I'll explain:

Playing the beta showed me only one major "economic" issue, related to the non-balanced earnings between different game modes and final race positions.
It's not bad to reshape prices, but i always felt an high level of satisfaction buying parts slowly and appreciating the changes they made on the car, and some of the changes i saw seems to be a bit too drastic.
The "stuff is kinda hard to earn" gave the game very nice longevity, and i know most of the people here has a job now and can't play all day long, i have one too and i play only some hours a day, and definitely not every day.
Steam says i played 20h, of course that's not all race time, and i have a nearly full level 1 car and a level 2 car (and 20k+ spare money)
I also never raced to grind money, no drift and wait, no excessively long sessions of wangan only grinding, etc.

I think big changes should be made in the race/prize system more than the item prices. Something based on race duration should flatten wins in different modes and long/short circuits a lot.
Also difference from 1st/2nd position is quite big, and 2nd to 6-7-8th is much smaller (based on what i saw)
As i understand something has been done on that side, so i would have preferred to test that alone before touching the prices, but of course that's just my point of view.

Balancing in games looks hard to do, it's actually hard, and usually there's a long process behind what we see as simple prices and earnings.

In conclusion i just like playing this game, i remember this as probably one of the best balanced and satisfying games to play, and that's why i wanted it back in all this years.
I'm not here to grind money all the way up to top level cars, i'm here to spend time driving and racing, consequence of that is earning money to spend in more cars and parts, so i don't really care if it's a bit easier or harder, i just hope it doesn't become extremely easy or extremely hard.

P.S. I know how hard is to buy cars with the current system, i had basically all RP cars in my original PT savegame back in 2009/10.
P.P.S. i double and triple checked this long message but i'm sure there's some garbage/errors in there, so i'll just yolo and post this.

When beta started Jack said progress will count for official release, with new prices in shop maybe we have lost some RP to upgrade our starter car but now everybody is saying we have to loose all our XP earned still now ?? totally unfair

I said we had no plans on doing a reset, never said it would not happen.
Things have and are changing in the game. We need to look at resetting everything otherwise it is a tad unfair.

I don't see why you'd reset the accounts tbh. Whenever someone starts playing a game, there's already plenty of people high level. I'm not crying over a high level try hard account, I'm only level 19. I just think people are crying too much over this. We even had to stick to very short races due to the laps being limited so there was no "5 round wangan all night farming and stuff"

I'm cool either way, but I had to type my 2 cents, there's not much sense on doing it.

Aaaaaanyway, see you all on the track.
Cheers

Beta players will then get Monday through Friday to play on final accounts, we then release the game Friday evening.

Sounds good to me, but you mentioned "balanced game modes". How do you plan to balance them?

If a reset is done, I'll probably hold off from playing until I get my backer rewards. I can't stand driving in arcade and want all of the bonuses possible to spend as little time there as I can.

thats what im saying, reset all because BETA, i´ve beta tester for APB 2006 to 2010, Parabellum the game on 2008, AVA, and some other games and when big change aproach the acount reset are the best way to do it

Rado why would you get an rp refund if the account is being reset back to 0xp/rp. That would never happen. you would get 1 or the other but not both. with a reset you don't need a refund. you were a beta tester resets happen during beta testing. ffs.

I said we had no plans on doing a reset, never said it would not happen.
Things have and are changing in the game. We need to look at resetting everything otherwise it is a tad unfair.
What is more unfair, wiping out millions of XP or having some players losing 20/30K RP due to upgrades prices changement ?

I cant believe the amount of people crying over this reset and giving that question such big importance... seriously,what the hell man? The game return were just a dream,now it's alive,you beta testers had been given the privilege of playing this piece of dream while everyone else is still dreaming with it and still,you are complaining about some miserly XPs/RPs?

Honestly I've said once,many times,the community for this game were the best but now some of you guys are braking my heart.

Last edited:
I cant believe the amount of people crying over this reset and giving that question such big importance... seriously,what the hell man? The game return were just a dream,now it's alive,you beta testers had been given the privilege of playing this piece of dream while everyone else is still dreaming with it and still,you are complaining about some miserly XPs/RPs?

Honestly I've said once,many times,the community for this game were the best but now some of you guys are braking my heart.
When you start playing the game and see how you get 1000 RP per race and one body upgrade of your car costs at least 70000 RP, you'll change the tune, if you catch my drift...

When you start playing the game and see how you get 1000 RP per race and one body upgrade of your car costs at least 70000 RP, you'll change the tune, if you catch my drift...
As stated before, this is about cars and upgrades. I don't care about body upgrades, they are not important.

No man,seriously. I wish I could be testing the game now no matter if my progress would be saved or not,this is not important at the given moment. Also like people said earlier,you should remember that your objetive as a beta tester is obviously test the game and report any bugs,not just play and progress as an normal player would do.

However,if the "body upgrade" you're talking about is for example,an bumper or spoiler,then hell,I do agree that 70000RP for a body part is too much,but thats not the point here.

Last edited: