What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game economy

I know I might be hated for this but... I have to agree... this is beta.... and a reset is needed... after things are fixed. because honestly with the new prices a reset would benefit us because think about how much more rp we spent on the same parts that now we could be saving and spending on other things. so I not only think it is needed I want a reset.

I know I might be hated for this but... I have to agree... this is beta.... and a reset is needed... after things are fixed. because honestly with the new prices a reset would benefit us because think about how much more rp we spent on the same parts that now we could be saving and spending on other things. so I not only think it is needed I want a reset.
Jack said yesterday that rp would be refunded for those who bought upgrades 10x the price that is supposed to be.
1570696161253.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Act
would benefit us because think about how much more rp we spent on the same parts that now we could be saving and spending on other things.
On Beta TEST first thing you should think about is testing and report bugs, especially if it's Closed Beta Test.
All the rest is secondary, because main purpose of Test is to provide playable balanced game in release.

If you don't realize it and trying to gain some advantage during test period it's sadly.
Bakers will get and without it some additional stuffs as was stated in Crowdfund, so that greed about few days progress confusing me. Especially when it's all was gained in not adjusted build.

On Beta TEST first thing you should think about is testing and report bugs, especially if it's Closed Beta Test.
All the rest is secondary, because main purpose of Test is to provide playable balanced game in release.

If you don't realize it and trying to gain some advantage during test period it's sadly.
Bakers will get and without it some additional stuffs as was stated in Crowdfund, so that greed about few days progress confusing me. Especially when it's all was gained in not adjusted build.
The advantage we get really wont affect any new players upon release because the new game economy will mean they can get faster cars way quicker than we have and able to max out the lower class cars way easier as well, so there's no issue there. Most lobbies with new players will want us to play fair and use similar cars so nothing will change, every game has players who are higher levels at any given starting point; to me it's a non-issue.

The advantage we get really wont affect any new players upon release because the new game economy will mean they can get faster cars way quicker than we have and able to max out the lower class cars way easier as well, so there's no issue there. Most lobbies with new players will want us to play fair and use similar cars so nothing will change, every game has players who are higher levels at any given starting point; to me it's a non-issue.
It looks like you quoted me and even didn't read it.

So for you Closet Beta was made to give some players advantage?
And btw especially in your case when you used Race Bonuses in W&D rooms. That what I meant when called it simple greed. I don't see anything beside it in this discussion. You totally missed the purpose of Closed Beta now just trying to save some in-game progress ignoring logic. The point that progress was gained in not proper way you somehow prefer to don't mention.

Akor it sounds like you quoted me and didn't even read it. I said a reset was needed. many others were being "greedy" as you call it not wanting a reset for fear of losing everything they've bought so far. So please read my entire post and other posts and bash on the correct people for the correct reasons.

you can't take a quote out of context and use it for your own purpose. You at that point are butchering what I said for your own agenda. in the future please refrain from taking shit I say out of context and twisting it for your own agenda.

Ok, in whole context of your post #41 you are agree with wipe just because you spent RP wrong (new prices now etc) and now you have a profit from it.
That's all. It doesn't change anything.

Or you agree with wipe without RP refund, start from scratch?

It looks like you quoted me and even didn't read it.

So for you Closet Beta was made to give some players advantage?
And btw especially in your case when you used Race Bonuses in W&D rooms. That what I meant when called it simple greed. I don't see anything beside it in this discussion. You totally missed the purpose of Closed Beta now just trying to save some in-game progress ignoring logic. The point that progress was gained in not proper way you somehow prefer to don't mention.
I've reported two or more bugs already so I've done my obligation as a beta tester, I backfunded this game with my own money and reported bugs ive found on my side. I didnt grind this game to get an advantage at all, nowhere in the crowdfund did it state "backers will be given more time to grind the game before official release" so i dont get where you get that idea from. I grinded to get a car I wanted, thats it. I play CTF, and nobody plays CTF with class 1s so I had to grind to get faster cars, and EVERYBODY did drift and wait so thats what I had to play

Great.
So you agree that need reset the progress gained during Beta?
It's not up to me anyways. Whether or not I want a reset or not is un-important to the topic. I've heard that being reset is a last ditch effort if nothing else works but all plans are being worked into for us to keep our progress so no matter what its out of your hands. I will be set with my rewards anyways once the game is released. I think the topic here being discussed is improvements to the economy to make NEW players have a better time instead of trying to catch up to the players who might have a headstart. Which isnt really a big deal because they will get the same cars as us easily.

You are right, it's out off topic already.
But it has some impact, it was touched and I just replied on it.

Last edited:
If a reset were necessary, I´d suggest refunding ALL Rp spent on all items and maintaining the XP gained. That way everyone starts from 0 in terms of content but those who funded the game still have their budget and experience from the closed beta. They can then use it to buy the cars and upgrades they can afford according to the unlocks their XP allow them.

Well a reset means start from scratch lmao. there is no refund when doing a reset lol. I learned about the refund the same time it was posted in this thread about it. I never expected there to be a refund because it is beta. and I'm fine with a wipe. the only reason I wouldn't be is if we had our backer rewards already which we don't.

How about we full reset on Sunday night.
Beta players will then get Monday through Friday to play on final accounts, we then release the game Friday evening.

Full reset being accounts wiped of XP, RP and everything else.
This means we start fresh on the new economy system and balanced game modes.

How about we full reset on Sunday night.
Beta players will then get Monday through Friday to play on final accounts, we then release the game Friday evening.

Full reset being accounts wiped of XP, RP and everything else.
This means we start fresh on the new economy system and balanced game modes.
Sounds good for me ? too many farmers in this beta...saw ppl already owning class 6 cars