What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game crashes randomly

TeoxD

The game has crashed multiple times while using the items in my trunk. It occurs at random intervals with no error report. Each time the game crashed I was in a CTF match, and the screen just blacked out and crashed. I use a laptop.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8250 CPU
Operating system: Windows 10
Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

I wasn't able to find anything related to PT in the event viewer, I'm not sure if this is because the application does not crash immediately upon startup/login, but at random points while in game instead.

I wasn't able to find anything related to PT in the event viewer, I'm not sure if this is because the application does not crash immediately upon startup/login, but at random points while in game instead.

Keep Event Viewer open and when the game crashes, refresh it.
The game should ask you to send crash report anyway.

Alright, I'll leave it on till it crashes. The game doesn't ask me to send any crash report though, it just blacks out and disappears as if I alt+f4'd it.

The game just crashed again, thankfully when I wasn't in a match. However, I can't find any error related to PT in event viewer. I tried refreshing it and filtering it but there is nothing mentioning PT in there.

Here are the two latest log files. Game crashed twice in a row. Anything you can grab from this?

Attachments

• 200123_234830.log
    57.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 200123_235836.log
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
Here are more log files from 3 more crashes.

Attachments

• 200124_221521.log
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 200124_232049.log
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 200125_004345.log
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
Your system only has integrated graphics, no dedicated GPU.
Even with 8GB of system RAM, your CPU's graphics is not getting enough RAM.

Close down other programs such and Chrome, Firefox, any thing else in the background.

The only programs running in the background are steam and PT itself though. Perhaps I can find some other small processes to close ?

Maybe. But you might continue to have issues as you are running a mobile CPU without a dedicated graphics card.