What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game crash on startup

Still no luck on the latest build. I noticed a single log from one of my past attempts has a few extra lines on it vs all the others ending on the INPUT line. Uploading it just in case it helps at all.

Attachments

• 191001_221804.log
    2 KB · Views: 6
Yeah, no luck with the latest build here, either. At this point, I think reinstalling the OS is the only option, for me at least. I can't think of anything else that might fix this problem.

sorry to bring up an old thread but to add to this. one of my buddies is also experiencing the same issue listed here. I had him try using Display Driver Uninstaller to see if that will work but with no luck yet it works for me with no problems

Please provide system spec (CPU, GPU etc)
Along with Windows version and build, any Anti Virus etc

When I try to open the game it simply does nothing. No splah screen, nothing.
Already tried to reinstall the game several times, turn off Windows Defender, reinstall NET. Framework 3.5, reinstall Visual C++ 2008, reinstall DirectX End-User Runtimes (August 2008) and compatibility modes.
My specs: CPU Intel i5 4690, GPU Nvidia GTX1070, Windows 10 (Clean install)

Any solution?

When I try to open the game it simply does nothing. No splah screen, nothing.
Already tried to reinstall the game several times, turn off Windows Defender, reinstall NET. Framework 3.5, reinstall Visual C++ 2008, reinstall DirectX End-User Runtimes (August 2008) and compatibility modes.
My specs: CPU Intel i5 4690, GPU Nvidia GTX1070, Windows 10 (Clean install)

Any solution?
Please follow this thread and reply to it with what it asks.
https://community.projecttorque.racing/threads/unable-to-open-game.205/#post-1875

left Windows logo button on keyboard + p .... and I tested out which screen settings is good, because my video card is connected with TV... thanks for Jack suggestion only one screen select... and my computer mixed up my gpu and tv so I selected second screen only otption, so my game starts again now. I had same problem at starting game logo then black screen and game quits... but now its ok thanks Jack :)

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. In the login panel it says "Video driver is not up-to-date" but it actually is. WHen I installed it frist it was run without any problems. When i closed it then tried to start it again, i wasn't able to log in. I reinstalled the game but the problem ain't gone.

I have a similar problem. In the login panel it says "Video driver is not up-to-date" but it actually is. WHen I installed it frist it was run without any problems. When i closed it then tried to start it again, i wasn't able to log in. I reinstalled the game but the problem ain't gone.
Im not sure but, delete the save folder in the pt root folder. That can eventuelly help