What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

GAME CANT KEEP AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION STATE BY DEFAULT WHEN SWITCHING GAME MODES

SempreFundo

Automatic transmission is set by default in options menu.
After playing drag mode (which purpose is to play with manual transmission), transmission remains manual, and it should keep the state of: AUTOMATIC, which is set by default in options menu.
Example: player starts playing CTF (auto transm.), then plays drag (the game itself sets to manual transm.), finally plays arcade (the transmission remains manual and should recover the default state: automatic).
If you need programming help, just say so.
best regards

I dont use a automatic transmission so the default would be wrong as well.

The default (or standard) should be the option or parameter that you choose in options menu. Could be manual or automatic transmission. And that state (choice) should be kept by the system as the default parameter set by the player.
The issue here happens when that parameter changes by itself when you decide do play different game modes (after playing drag).
After drag mode, the transmission migrate always to state: manual.
In the beggining, if the player established auto as default, why the state ins't kept after playing drag ??? (this is called: semanctic error or unwanted software behavior)

best regards

Just want to chime in that I've personally never encountered this issue. I've done a fair bit of drag farming with automatic players as well, and they all tell me that their transmission always goes back to automatic after moving back to another mode from drag. So there must be another factor involved.

Are you guys using full automatic or semi auto?
What control method are you using? (keyboard, gamepad, etc?)
Do you have "virtual gearstick" enabled?

Just want to chime in that I've personally never encountered this issue. I've done a fair bit of drag farming with automatic players as well, and they all tell me that their transmission always goes back to automatic after moving back to another mode from drag. So there must be another factor involved.

Are you guys using full automatic or semi auto?
What control method are you using? (keyboard, gamepad, etc?)
Do you have "virtual gearstick" enabled?

I've been using keyboard, full automatic transmission, except for drag mode where manual transmission is set as default by system/game.
Never used semi-auto. Virtual gearstick is off.
I remember, back in 2008 when I played PT for first time, this issue happened a lot. Lost some races because of that... ...losing precious time to go to options menu and re-set again the auto transmission, staying last in the race. Sometimes played in manual till the race ends, with less performance or results.
I play CTF a lot. Then explorer.
Drag is good to tune the car and earn RP.
Play arcade sometimes.
Drift and simulation is unusual to play.

If I see the code I will understand what causes this.
I believe this happens because the routine that should run always, keeping the state as in the beggining, doesn't do so.
Show me the code and in the worst chances I'll give you a designing/model report of the funcionality.
In best chances I'll correct the bug, improve the model (designing), do some tests and make the deployment.

I wonder how the code had been done: how the "monster" had grown.