What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

FreeRoaming as Level R

As it was before, NO. Most of us do not want our menu spread over a map. It is a useless waste of time and a waste of dev effort. However there will be a free roam mode which will be very similar and its own mode that you can choose to go into much like drift, ctf, etc. instead of being forced on everyone.

As it was before, NO. Most of us do not want our menu spread over a map. It is a useless waste of time and a waste of dev effort. However there will be a free roam mode which will be very similar and its own mode that you can choose to go into much like drift, ctf, etc. instead of being forced on everyone.
Hopefully we will get it, but in my opinion it will mostly be used as a car test/media creating mode because otherwise its main function would be to work as a drivable menu. A lot of things could be done but of course, the engine needs to support it, for example, adding items like jump ramps or gymkhana course and also being able to save the map to load it later, and then being able to host it for your friends (possible making it possible by selling track save item).. well its just my opinion :)

but a free mode with 20-30 players as a game mode should be fine ;) something like explorer but without items and more players...a mode just for fun, with no rating and no RP/XP reward

Teydi gets it. that was pretty much exactly what was pitched to jack and he said he liked it and would make it a thing eventually. the whole reason people are begging for that stupid city is they want to use the game as a giant chat room and just sit around in that city and pretend they are all cars in the move cars or something and talk to each other. to me... that idea seems stupid as there is discord for that which is also on mobile, but whatevs. as long as I get the mode so I can use it like I want to idc if others do other shit in it.