What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Flickering Screen and partial login screen

Wolfwood

all i get when starting PTBeta.exe is a flickering screen after the splash screen, where in the upper left corner i see a part of the sign in screen (but not the menu to actually log in), the rest looks torn and i hear the music playing... how can i change the resolution to stop the flicker? in the log file it states, that the game starts in 1024x768 but my monitor uses 2560x1440. and what is refresh rate 0? is there a .ini or cfg file where i can fix the the resolution for the game?

once you are in game, Options allows you to change resolution. Also make sure you are running as admin. Might also help to know your setup. mac,windows 10, or linux? what are your system specs?

Once in-game press ALT+ENTER keys to try to enable windowed mode, also make sure you are not running any graphics card overclock software and have your drivers updated.
Also you can try to set launch options when starting the game from STEAM (if you have it there)

Set Launch Options
  1. Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
  2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
  3. Enter the launch options you wish to apply (be sure to separate each code with a space) and click OK.
    • -fullscreen - Forces the engine to start in fullscreen mode.
    • -windowed or -sw - Forces the engine to start in windowed mode.
    • -16bpp or -32bpp - Forces the selected color mode (bit depth). GoldSource only
    • -w <width> - Forces the engine to start with resolution set to <width>.
    • -h <height> - Forces the engine to start with resolution set to <height>. This launch option does not need to be set in the presence of -w. The width value will determine the height automatically.
    • -refresh <rate> - Force a specific refresh rate.
  4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.
Hope it helps :)