What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Red Boxes

TEYDI

We need to give people something to play for, some little reward, so they can feel achieved. That's why the red boxes should be fixed asap and the rewards should be changed into small amounts of RP/XP. They don't necessarly need to give items, since we do not have that many in the game atm, but XP/RP should be a thing.

Also they should be added to the SHOP for like 2K RP or 5GP, just like the mystery boxes in some games but this ones will not give WINNING items, but XP/RP. The max amount of RP/XP given shouldnn't be too high, they need to be FAIR. For example, if it costs 2k RP than the max XP/RP you get should be something around 5k, so lets say the RP/XP given should start from 100 and go up to 5000.

For me this will make the game more fun and people will stay and play it a little longer ;)

So, what is the status of fxing the red boxes @Jack? In my opinion this should get on the priority list. Let's fix what we already have!

Totaly agree on this it should have been took out before release as alot people i play with complain about this why not add say nos packages xp and rp into the boxes small things to keep people occupied will help alot.

I completely agree with fixing the item boxes. For all us OG's, we are used to them always being broken. But for new players, those little boxes might very well be a drawing factor that keeps them interested in the game. A nice little element of surprise to constantly look forward to while they grind their way up the levels. If its a simple fix to have them at least spit out something, then I'm all for adding it to the top of the priority list. Any change that can be made that takes minimal time/cost/compromise that has a chance at attracting more players is a change worth making.

I personally don't think having "mystery boxes" in the shop would be a good idea given the current lack of content. And I don't think having a direct way for players to convert $$$$ into RP/XP is a wise choice. But the mystery boxes are definitely something worth considering going forward.