What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Explorer new mode

Ace86

Hi all, i have a suggestion.
It would be great to make Explorer mode without random items on map, so players could just drive there freely with no limitations (maybe put timer option for like 10 - 20 - 30 min).
This would be great for those who make videos or just wanna go crazy on road with friends.
I think this won't be too difficult to take out from Explorer all items, and put timer in.
P.S. I meant to add new mode, not take out existing Explorer

Yep Fully support this idea. Name it something like Free Roam Mode or something. Use the timer like in Drift Mode, and remove the icons and just use the maps that are in explorer. This would cure the itch for those wanting free roam, be useful for people playing cops and robbers or doing stunts, also great as Ace said for anyone making videos. Seems fairly easy to do using existing files and coding already in the game without a lot of drastic changes. Would be a great quality of life addition. and yes in no means is this meant to replace explorer, keep it too just as it is for those who are fans of it.

P.S. Also leave the ability to save replay and maybe even include some of the GM replay camera angles for those doing videos.

Also no need to have any points in this mode, since this would be just for fun, or for content making.
Main thing would be to be in this mode with friends or other players to do crazy stuff :)

I believe there were a freeroam mode in the latest versions that you could to just that
Something like nfs world would be really, really great

No Torque there wasn't. That was a goofy city where they spread out all the menu functions into locations to drive to, and it was horrible, useless and caused memory leaks. This would not replace the menu system and would allow you to use the same maps that you can in explorer. Jack has already said there will be NO FREE ROAM as a default overworld thing. and I agree with that it was a complete waste of code. Just give me a menu to get to all the options to buy cars, tune them, upgrade them, check on crew stuff, and start races. This would be its own mode like arcade, sim, ta etc. that you chose from inside the race rooms.

No Torque there wasn't. That was a goofy city where they spread out all the menu functions into locations to drive to, and it was horrible, useless and caused memory leaks. This would not replace the menu system and would allow you to use the same maps that you can in explorer. Jack has already said there will be NO FREE ROAM as a default overworld thing. and I agree with that it was a complete waste of code. Just give me a menu to get to all the options to buy cars, tune them, upgrade them, check on crew stuff, and start races. This would be its own mode like arcade, sim, ta etc. that you chose from inside the race rooms.
And thats more than enough for me, just keep it as it was, not worse :)

well the free roam you are talking about has been confirmed isn't coming back ever. NFS World was a trash game and I don't want PT copying anything from it.

No I want a free roam mode, using the explorer maps, without icons and timer based. I am against that stupid trash free roam that acted as a menu. I don't want to spend 15 minutes of driving going back and forth between different things that could easily just be a menu. However I do want the ability to go into the different actual maps for the races and do stunts and freestyle drifting, think gymkhana. I am a youtuber and twitch streamer so for me, having this is going to make my day. I can have clean footage without the cartoony icons floating in the air. This will make for great videos.

No I want a free roam mode, using the explorer maps, without icons and timer based. I am against that stupid trash free roam that acted as a menu. I don't want to spend 15 minutes of driving going back and forth between different things that could easily just be a menu. However I do want the ability to go into the different actual maps for the races and do stunts and freestyle drifting. I am a youtuber and twitch streamer so for me, having this is going to make my day. I can have clean footage without the cartoony icons floating in the air. This will make for great videos.
That's true i share the same opinion, having to drive to places like you do in nfs underground is not necessary in this game, a menu is perfectly fine.

Hi all, i have a suggestion.
It would be great to make Explorer mode without random items on map, so players could just drive there freely with no limitations (maybe put timer option for like 10 - 20 - 30 min).
This would be great for those who make videos or just wanna go crazy on road with friends.
I think this won't be too difficult to take out from Explorer all items, and put timer in.
P.S. I meant to add new mode, not take out existing Explorer
And why are there any restrictions in the form of a timer? Ride as much as you like, they won’t give you game currency for that.)