What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

do not be a hypocrite

BatsBlack

I join room class 6 (buggy) vs other player all class 1
i use buggy too but no wait for finish
don't be a hypocrite, if you need fairplay go same class. not to wait in finish
real battle no have wait
the buggy player is angry and says, why I don't want to wait?
this game broken always join no same class and pretend it's good to wait at the finish line
Post automatically merged:

don't force people to wait
because you say room ghost isn't real.
Is waiting at the finish line real too?

Last edited:
Well to be honest. When you saw they were all in class 1, the sportsman thing to do would be to also switch to class 1. It was sort of a douchebag move to use a car 5 classes higher for an easy win. I would like to think you want good racing instead of easy wins as good racing is much more fun than an easy win. Yes they should have locked the room to class 1, however you also could have been a good guy and switch to the same class they were using for a fair race.

agreed...... that was a real douchebag thing to do... lol... and then you whine about it too ??? lmao

I think you guys misunderstood the OP. He joined a room where there was 1 guy using a buggy and everyone else was in class 1 cars, so he used his buggy too. Then, he won and the other buggy guy complained that he didn't wait at finish. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

I think you guys misunderstood the OP. He joined a room where there was 1 guy using a buggy and everyone else was in class 1 cars, so he used his buggy too. Then, he won and the other buggy guy complained that he didn't wait at finish. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.
It looks like the other Buggy guy felt a bit guilty, both should have changed their cars to Class1 for a fair race, obvs the room master was new to the game and did not set it to Class 1 only. Joe Bloggs goes in room for an easy win feels guilty and is prepaired to wait. Most will wait if they are vets at this game as token of good will to fellow gamers so they get their RP XP payout. At the end of the day it's all about setting the right room parameters.

no bro, some player always use high class. example nick The rebbel, & Don Kowallo.
they always use one level above the other

i like to run my spiedo, and there is rarely a room with comparable cars, so i have been known to jump in unlocked class1/2 rooms with it...but im pretty well known, then and now as someone who waits. i just think its the right thing to do. i have also been known to join with a harpoon, and wait for complete podium to finish before crossing finish line.
at the end of the day though, it doesnt matter at all...its about as important as telling us some that some guy rammed him

well the waiting does matter to the lower class drivers as it allows them to finish and get the full amount of rp/xp they can for the race. because of distance traveled.

well yeah, i probably should have explained it *that* way. look guys, at the end of the day, we want to encourage new ppl right? not make them feel like they are never going to be able to finish a race. if you are new and havent figured things out, you may feel on day one like maybe this is a lot of grinding...god knows i did. and a lot of ppl decide whether or not they like a game on day one. when i started, everyone seemed to know what they were doing, and i couldnt even keep my car straight. it wasnt till i got a controller that i really started enjoying driving on here, so i tell newbs that too.

Sadly this game is full of hypocrates... I could say so many names...

However waiting should be something like a gesture and not be a norm. If you wait its fine... extra karma for you...
But if you don't wait it's the most ordinary thing to do... Overall this is racing and noone should wait for you if youre slow

Seems like a 30 second count down before the race ends would let new players at least have a chance to see the finish line once in awhile too.