What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Controls Wheel with H-Shifter

GT4tube

I can't find use my TH8A Shifter there none..

We need this add Direct gear in PT
rzU92cJ.png

add 7th Gear too.

Just got my hands on a G27 wheel with shifter and pedals- game will not pick it up in the testing tab. I'm not using Steam to launch the game btw. Any ideas on setting this up?

Just got my hands on a G27 wheel with shifter and pedals- game will not pick it up in the testing tab. I'm not using Steam to launch the game btw. Any ideas on setting this up?
You need to leave Steam on background, create an icon and run as administrator. Thats allows you to set wheel and pedal, dont know if it works on shifter, not yet tried it. (Have a g27 me too). For a correct set up you need logitech profiler too.

i add steer left on my g920 and its off steering with a side ways wheel ... lol all works other than that maybe calibrate wheel setting be nice or a fix

After trying everything until severe brain damage ... I FINALLY GOT IT !! To get your wheel working, you have to "activate" it by clicking into one of the empty fields in the keybinding settings in OPTIONS - CONTROL tab (!) o_O In the left column there are keys set by default for the keyboard. The right column has all fields empty. Click into one of them e.g. ACCELERATE and press your throttle pedal full down. Then the wheel will be activated and you can calibrate it. Make sure your wheel is in the center when you assign TURN LEFT and go all the way to the far left. Then repeat that for TURN RIGHT. My H-Shifter works but there is only SHIFT UP and SHIFT DOWN in keybindings (which i put on the paddle shifters and did put handbrake on gear 4 and nitro on 3). In the future it would be cool, if there's a hint in those settings for wheel users like: "Click into an empty field to activate your wheel." :)

Last edited:
After trying everything until severe brain damage ... I FINALLY GOT IT !! .... In the future it would be cool, if there's a hint in those settings for wheel users like: "Click into an empty field to activate your wheel." :)
Totally agree it would help new users out big time. ?