What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Community driven assets

DerpeZ

Multiple threads from me in this subforum, I know. However I believe they al deserve a separate thread :) .

It would be great to have some tools available to create maps/assets as a community, but have some sort of approval flow available to maintain a certain level of quality. That way, you would be able to get new assets quickly. I have some 3D modelling experiences myself (from back in my San Andreas mod days).

Thoughts?

The tools we have are somewhat incomplete. We have a few people taking a lot at it but it is not easy work.

Talking 3DS MAX 2009, a load of custom plugins and a few $$$ plugins which we are having trouble getting hold of.

This is before even knowing how to do it all and the process to export them into the game.