What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Change the game name in "Wangan Drag Racing"

Estop Revolt

I had this bad memory of people playing wangan for exp since 10 years ago, and now it's just the same.
Is grinding all you are interested in ? I'm already 95% fed up with the game after 4 days, it's and endless repetition of wangan track.
With double Exp things got even more out of hands.

yep the nerf that jack did wasn't enough. people are still farming wangan. it needs to be stopped. its breaking the game and making it so that no one can get anyone to play anything else. At this point if they can't find a way to nerf it so it is balanced with the other tracks it should be removed until it can be balanced.

Is running high lap races in TA any different than running multiple Wangan races?
Is that not farming also?
Let players run what they want to and worry about your own progress in the game and have fun , Although I'm not a fan of either modes it's not worth getting your panties in a knot over it. From what I am seeing now speed hacking is a far more serious issue to address.

You see that is sort of the entire point. People can't run what they want because NO ONE WILL JOIN. having certain things pay more than other things makes it to where NO ONE wants to do the other things because grinding. as of right now people can't play other modes or do anything else and have fun because no one will join because it isn't the best for grinding. I want a game where there is no "best for grinding" everything needs to be even so that people can earn shit evenly no matter what they race. as it is no one is willing to branch off and do anything else.
Post automatically merged:

Is running high lap races in TA any different than running multiple Wangan races?

Imo it is different, just like drift mode is different compared to drifting in street racing mode.
I'm only focused on street racing since it's the only mode i like to play, Wangan ruined it 10 years ago and it's still a cancer to this game.

There are several road race tracks that pay well it's the nature of the game . Longer tracks and full fields pay better so to single one track out because you don't like it is wrong . I'm not a fan of Wangan however to drop the track from the game because it happens to pay well makes no sense . Simple solution is don't race on the track and enjoy the content you do like.

There are several road race tracks that pay well it's the nature of the game . Longer tracks and full fields pay better so to single one track out because you don't like it is wrong . I'm not a fan of Wangan however to drop the track from the game because it happens to pay well makes no sense . Simple solution is don't race on the track and enjoy the content you do like.
They should just nerf it a little

Shwagan No one here said they didn't like wangan. You are assuming things on your own behalf. I said its payout was far too high and unbalanced still. Also it is kind of hard to "Enjoy the content you like" when no one ever joins a room that isn't wangan. The reason this is a thing is because of what I just said, the payout is too high and the track too easy so everyone farms it as THE way to get easy rp/xp. It isn't because the track is so amazing that you see 5-8 rooms of people doing nothing but wangan over and over. it is because it is the easiest way to make rp/xp. and that is the issue that is being talked about here. Doesn't matter if you like the track or not, the fact its payout is too high is preventing people from enjoying the rest of the game because no one will join any other room. It needs to be nerfed more so that people don't feel like they HAVE to drive it.

For the very reason you state a lot don't like it. One says it's a cancer another has bad memories of it. All I can say the track has been here since I played back in the nineties when PT was born and the same complaints are still here . If arcades full of Wanagan races then go to Sim where you see a lot less of it. When this version of PT does go full release on Steam it should be much busier and then there will be less of a problem getting players to join other races besides Wangan. Just enjoy what you have and be thankful PT is back .

How funny it is for me to read this topic. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[sarcasm]Yes, let's remove the Wangan track from the arcade mode, because there are +1000 different tracks for every taste.[/sarcasm]
Well, okay, the developers will delete this track and the players will find another track to farm for days. What will you do next? Again ask the developers what would be deleted?
Yes, then nothing will remain of the game, because this situation will be repeated every time. Maybe you should just ask the developers to add more similar tracks for a change?
As for "everyone plays on Wangan, but I'm so special and I want other tracks": Well, create a room with other tracks. What is the problem? People don't come in? Well, invite them. To interact with other players, there is even a chat in the game. You can also meet other players on the channel in Discord. What prevents to make new friends and ride on other tracks? Absolutely nothing prevents. If you do not want to do this, then maybe just playing online games is not your path and you should take a closer look at single games.

still wrong. Late 2000's it was 2008 when it released. and you guys who keep saying "just make a room and invite people" You are missing the big picture here. there shouldn't be a "meta" for grinding in the game at all. the fact the meta exists is the problem. everyone only wants to do w/e the meta is. so balance things so that there is no meta and the problem is solved and then people will play what they want to play. And you don't think sim drivers aren't doing the same thing? sim and arcade isn't the issue as that is preference of physics. going to sim won't change shit if anything you will find even less people driving there because the physics are harder meaning it will be even harder to find people willing to race. also arcade and vs aren't the only modes in the game. you guys are not addressing the problem. You are just redirecting the problem and trying to put the blame somewhere else instead of solving it. have any of you saying all of this even bothered logging in and trying to make rooms not racing wangan or tested your theoretical fixes that are redirecting the source of the problem to something else? I can promise that you haven't otherwise you would already know your "solution" doesn't work.

Khrono Fujiwara, well, if you are so actively promoting the balance, then in this case you need to remove about 90% of the tracks from the game somewhere. What for? Because almost all the tracks in this game are circular and users who like sprint-like tracks are deprived. In the game I found only two tracks of the sprint type: Wangan and some other one, but the last track is so boring that I fell asleep three times while riding on it. Again, newcomers mostly ride on Wangan, for whom this is the most suitable track to understand the behavior of cars and for farming. Okay, developers will reduce the reward for Wangan, and then what? Actually, people will continue to choose this track, since it is the simplest and moderately dynamic. The only true option is to raise the reward on the remaining tracks and add even more sprint tracks to the game.

Wangan is the only "boring" track in the game. the other sprint track is touge which is a million times better as it takes real skill to drive it instead of just getting the car with the highest top speed. wangan doesn't teach you shit about the behavior of cars. just which one has the highest top speed. the best cars for wangan typically suck everywhere else in the game. So how exactly is wangan helping anyone? it isn't. Having the pay out be so unbalanced is only hurting the game and driving the backers who paid for the damn thing to be revived away from it.