What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Change Log feedback

As there really isn't a feedback post for things in the Change Log, figure I will start one (kinda surprised there isn't one yet, lol).

Sim and Arcade races no longer base track length off the map level.
They now all have a max lap count of 20 with event lobbies able to host up to 100 laps.
We will evaluate this change over the next week or so. Might implement that players under level 20 can only race 10 laps max.
Due to added time on track, race over time should be longer to account for people still left on the track. This is also being looked at.

I haven't been on the beta/test server yet to try this, but for regular VS races, how will this work with players that are 20+ and those under 20? Would those under 20 be kicked out? Or is this just for TA races?

not sure, but i suppose it work like tracks with minimum level requirements: if a player under that level is in the room, he is limiting the entire room, so the track can't be voted (if vote on) and setting the room you can't select that track (when start a room, or in a room with vote off) with a message telling you that at least one player doesn't meet level requirements for that track.
For example, Nurgenhoch need at least the lv 25 to be played. If you play with someone under that level, you're in the scenario i've described (track not appearing during vote, you can't select it manually in room/map settings). So i think that if you're setting a room with a player under lv 20, you can't set more than 10 laps, and in an ongoing session with vote on, the game don't put in the vote screen a race with more than 10 laps.
Same way, if you're already started a room with more than 10 laps and waiting for players, maybe the player under lv 20 can't enter because he's not meeting the lv requirements.

But i repeat, only suppositions, nothing sure.

Just want to chime in on the 20 laps/rounds. For the class 1 stuff it's exhausting and boring as all get out. I got stuck in a couple different 20 round races unbeknownst to me and the each lasted an hour. By the 5th lap in the now non-competitive Kawana I was ready rock just quite. Lol.

Just want to chime in on the 20 laps/rounds. For the class 1 stuff it's exhausting and boring as all get out. I got stuck in a couple different 20 round races unbeknownst to me and the each lasted an hour. By the 5th lap in the now non-competitive Kawana I was ready rock just quite. Lol.
Just think about all the XP/RP you earned from that. :geek: