What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Challenge mode

TEYDI

I've heared Jack is working on removing this game mode due to the lack of people playing it. Well, in my opinion it should be reworked and it could be transformed into something cool.

- it should be activated and used for events by GM/GS. It should be blocked, so no one can access it, and opened in weekends or during some special days, like Christmas for example, with snow tracks.

- the entry fee should be changed to RP and not GP (that's the main reason why people don't play it, don't want to spend GP, that's a fact). Make it 500-1000 RP or whatever you like.

- the rewards should be changed. If the entry free gets changed to RP than the GP rewards must be taken off, people will farm GP otherwise. During the "special" events rewards could be some livery, some unique colors, permanent FUN cars or some customization parts or even trunk items. Also the actual RP rewards from the race could get a slighty increase, not too much so again...players won't farm it.

- another idea could be to make RATING available only in this mode. But this requires to make some huge change to it I guess...but keep it in mind.

- add CTF or DRAG events, if possible, to it.

This are just a few idea and I'm sure you guys have more. In my personal opinion, this mode should not be taken away it just needs some improvements and some changes.

This mode is an early version of the 'calendar of events', so it does everything right, removes this mode and introduces a 'calendar of events', it is 1000 times more convenient, and everything that you described is there ..

The game mode will return reworked one day. Keep the feedback coming though.