What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

cant log in due to internet connection

getardo1

hi guys im new here i really like what ive seen in videos about the game so i downloaded it through steam, when i go to load the game it comes up with a "trying to connect to login server" then it comes up with a second message saying " cannot connect to login server due to internet connection" how do i rectify the issue so sorry for any issues ive tried the event viewer but cant find anything that has been mentioned in other posts

kindest regards
getardo1

ill see if i have a spare hard drive, and already shut the firewall for this ill see if my antiviraus program is off i might have to wait till i get a new computer tbh as this one is getting on a bit

This error typically means the game can not see our login server on port 5555.
Not sure as to why this happens.

Happens a lot in Brazil but not so much in the UK. Not sure what hardware your ISP gives you but it should be okay.
If you have a VPN, try that.

that is a bit odd, i dont currently run a vpn do you think that would solve the issue and if yes what nation should i run under as i am based in the uk myself

that is a bit odd, i dont currently run a vpn do you think that would solve the issue and if yes what nation should i run under as i am based in the uk myself
Run it to UK. The game is P2P so you don't want to make it worse for yourself.
It just tests if it is a network issue between your PC and the internet.

Most of the time it fixes the issue.

Run it to UK. The game is P2P so you don't want to make it worse for yourself.
It just tests if it is a network issue between your PC and the internet.

Most of the time it fixes the issue.
ill give it a try tomorrow and let you know the outcome