What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Branded cars

So is it possible to change the model, statistics and name slightly and add them to the game? Shame there were so many cool cars.

how tf can i put a password on my acc like, iregister with steam acc but i dont have any password, when i try to put a password it fails why????
Post automatically merged:

somebody help me

Hi, in forum profile at password menu i think you find password request, click it, this will send message to your email, in this you find how you can make password so try it.
I hope this will helps for you!
;)

Tayato, Nusun, Folks Wangan, BWM, Marsedez, Folfo, Beta Rumeo, Honta, Lumborghini, lol... and make it look even better than the real ones ... make-belief is all cool with me. What I love to see is more tracks, more real streets and cities like Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Hong Kong, Rome, Moscow, etc.. lots of cities worldwide.

Tayato, Nusun, Folks Wangan, BWM, Marsedez, Folfo, Beta Rumeo, Honta, Lumborghini, lol... and make it look even better than the real ones ... make-belief is all cool with me. What I love to see is more tracks, more real streets and cities like Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Hong Kong, Rome, Moscow, etc.. lots of cities worldwide.

Would be nice some map like Monaco, some F1 tracks like Imola, Magny-Cours, Hungaroring, Monza, Melbourne, and MotoGP tracks, plus WRX tracks too :)

Just for the record, fake brands and more cars wins hands-down over actual licensed brands. We all know what cars they are anyhow. If I can have the 2000GT back I care not at all if it's called a Tornado 1999 in the game, or such. Reminds me that SCS truck games had brands like Valiant, Majestic, Keenworth and so on to begin with.

Well I have some potentially good news.
Chances are some of the debadged cars MIGHT be from there so

i just dont get it...... for what i know this game has been gone truw at least 2/3 hands ( and they have bought cars rights already....... ) so my sugestion is.... cant you buy it from them ? for the low comunity we have even if you buy 200 each car rights its enough to give it a good start and then you guys can go from there!!!!! its my opinion dont know how the marketing goes........

i just dont get it...... for what i know this game has been gone truw at least 2/3 hands ( and they have bought cars rights already....... ) so my sugestion is.... cant you buy it from them ? for the low comunity we have even if you buy 200 each car rights its enough to give it a good start and then you guys can go from there!!!!! its my opinion dont know how the marketing goes........

One does not simply buy X amount of car rights.
It is done on a revenue %, typically 5-10%.
Brands require $10,000 down payment.
So half a dozen brands in game will cost $60k

Whatever rights were bought in the past, have run out and new contracts have to be signed.

Yeah to add to what jack has said. Car companies don't let gaming companies buy rights permanently. For MMO style games such as project torque it is for X amount of time period. Invictus knew the licenses would run out and already had debadged versions ready to go when that happened. However they shut down the game before they needed to use them. For non mmo racers, the more traditional ones like NFS, Forza, AC, GT, etc. those licenses are basically a per game basis. That is why car companies like toyota have stopped signing any licenses to game companies except 1 or 2, because they can. And as Jack said, they want shit tons of money for it. this is why low budget car games, or greedy game companies, like rockstar use fictional cars. it saves them a shit load of money on production which means more profit. This game would never see enough money to break even much less hire people who could actually add the cars into the game. Sure Jack could take out some loans or something to pay for it or hold a go fund me and ask for us to find that kind of money but to what end? to have the right to use the cars but not enough money to hire someone to actually put them in the game? in the end it would be meaningless. the name of the car matters little, the handling and the looks are what is important.