What's new

Branded cars

Deny

Yea,..slapp fake ones,...as long as its aprox size and feels like it,...itll be good ?

AhmedSaeed96

Fake cars are the solution ... We are all waiting for the new fake cars ... We must have stopp the greed of companies that led to the closure of the game 3 times before :(.. I hope from JACK to release Mazda Drift car with new name nd new Logo

Tofu-Warrior

Invictus knew the licenses would run out and already had debadged versions ready to go when that happened. However they shut down the game before they needed to use them
That's quite interesting actually, I wasn't previously aware of that. I've only just discovered the re-release so the only context I have for anything related to the game is from 2009, is this information that came from Invictus themselves, through the deal with the re-release team, or simply found in the game files, etc? Curious as to how many cars they had models ready for, given there are already a few ingame I don't recognize, so unsure if they've all been added or if that's simply a fraction of the full list of replicas. Would be quite cool if there were in fact Invictus-made unbranded versions of everything, including Level-R exclusives.

Last edited:

Facepalm

same model and fantasy name is that a alternative ?
Not quite. The models would be basically the exact same and that alone could cause issues too.
Just a removed badge texture and a fantasy name won't exactly cut it, to my knowledge.

Deny

Not quite. The models would be basically the exact same and that alone could cause issues too.
Just a removed badge texture and a fantasy name won't exactly cut it, to my knowledge.
And all you need is a modeler and let him do some,...face lifting :ROFLMAO:

BillyBeBad

Jack, what ever you decide, but to be honest, I wouldn't put in that kind of money just to have a license car, back in the old PT days, I think the license cars I bought was around 5 to 10 dollars each might have been even 20 dollars. and I had to buy Aeria Games cards to purchase them, so, if you decide to go that route, how many players would pay enough to buy them, for that kind of money, you would have to charge enough to get your money back, this is just my opinion.

boogafreak

My 2 cents -
I think there is some unused breathing space, namely to tell the car companies that :
A. Players will buy, upgrade and drive the cars, so they are benefiting from the game as an ad on a constant basis. You can also stress that they are missing out potential revenue from the ad.
B. Originally, Aeria already paid them for the usage of those names and templates (I don't know how much of this argument can be exploited, a lawyer is needed).
C. Tell them "The following companies are already in the game : ..... ". This should make them seriously consider again.

With this in mind, you can approach companies with a much lower suggestion (say, 500 USD) and once you have several companies that agreed, you can think about the stragglers.
Hope to play long and prosper :)

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
We will not be licencing the cars. They want around $10,000 per brand upfront and 5% of revenue.

These companies don't care about the game "advertising" the cars or $500.
Talking about companies that make $500 a second selling cars.

Aeria used a 3rd party to go through. They did not even licence the cars themselves. And this is a multi-million dollar company...