What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Brake Nerf

BatsBlack

why brake on nerf for all cars?
brake like not working (arcade) (I haven't tried it on sim)
if you are a pro player you can definitely feel it

It's actually a good thing, having insta-brakes made some dynamics impossible, like having a good transition sliding or just the right amount of reduction of speed.
And rammers are more easily exposed, because now if somebody is torpedoed it's obviously NOT a miscalculation in the braking timing.

The new change was a must as there was instant braking that for sure wasn't real even for arcade, not it feels close to sim braking.

Ill check the other builds of the game at some point and collect the data for someone to process
It will show us what settings where used for each car between builds as well as the overall Arcade physics handling.

for me isn't properly a nerf, but more a change, because the brakes are still working, but just working in a different way.. it just need a little pratice to make you again confident, discover the braking points on every tracks etc, but then i see no problem driving and going fast like before. Also, make people think when and how much brake before turns, isn't a bad thing, instead going into turns at warp speed because insta-braking is saving you from hitting the wall. Also now we have little more room for different racing approaches, like brake before trying to exit the turn faster, brake a little later to try an overtake, and so on.. a thing almost impossible before because almost everyone (at least for experienced players) hit the insta-brake at the same point.

Braking was broken, it is better now.
There will be micro adjustments going forward.

Anyway a question for Jack: back in the days (but don't remember which build) in the game options we had also the brake assistance, in the same way now we have the steering assistance for keyboard (so a slider from 0 to 100% to adjust the assistance intervention). I don't remember if it was useful, but maybe can help a lot people having problems with how the brakes are working now.
Maybe you can reintroduce this feature?

Iam a bit happy for new brakes, insta-brakes was a joke... OK its arcade but insta-brakes made game easy as a baby toy.... Now more fun ;)