What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Blue-ish shadows

Lazy Liquid

I don't know what is causing it, nor if more people is having this issue.

These blue shadows happens in the menus and every track too. Not only by the car, but every soft shadow too.

FB_IMG_1571185486867.jpg

I don't have this issue but I am pretty sure they are meant to be there just not blue. I have the shadow under my car but it looks like a normal shadow. Does this happen all the time or only some times?

I don't have this issue but I am pretty sure they are meant to be there just not blue. I have the shadow under my car but it looks like a normal shadow. Does this happen all the time or only some times?

All the time. I tried to change everything on graphics and it stills.

That is strange. Well I guess post your gpu/pc specs and maybe someone who is tech savvy will know something. That is the extent of the advice I can offer on this.

Sir,I know this sounds generic but have you updated your graffics drivers already? Also,is important to check the game's ReadMe/User Manual (if there is one) and see if something required is missing on your PC,like DirectX,Net framework and Visual C++.

SPECS:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 7500U @ 2.70GHz 48 °C
Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard
Acer Captain_SK (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 620 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (Acer Incorporated [ALI]) 37 °C
ForceWare version: 431.60
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0 (SATA ) 32 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Now im going to check the files integrity and if eventualy my graphics board driver is outdated. Be right back soon.

EDIT:
Files verified (no issues, Build 4273270) and Graphics updated.

EDIT 2:
After changing everything on game options / graphics, i "kinda" solved the problem when i downgraded the Direct X 9 to 8.
Shadows became normal, but the game looks worse, of course.

Last edited:
Update DirectX drivers
Update Net Framework (lastest is 4.8 if I recall)

Install all following Visual C++:
2015-2019

See if that works. I recall my rFactor having the same bug,blue shadows when running in DX9. At night track it looked like a neon glow. :ROFLMAO:

Update DirectX drivers

2015-2019

See if that works. I recall my rFactor having the same bug,blue shadows when running in DX9. At night track it looked like a neon glow. :ROFLMAO:

I'll do that when I get closer to my notebook.

But that's really strange, because when I installed the game, it also installed a bunch of mainframe applications with it.

Update DirectX drivers

2015-2019

Updating DX9 should be enough. In my Windows I have installed only VC++ 2015 and the shadows are ok.
He should also check video settings in game options whether the game is using DX8. By default, when first installed, it's set to DX8 and must be manually set to DX9.

Updating DX9 should be enough. In my Windows I have installed only VC++ 2015 and the shadows are ok.
It may depend on the system he's running. All cracked Windows are different,some has specific dlls and files,others not. Also,his Windows may have updates missing,that's when installing those Visuals C++ may solve generic issues. I only give advices which I've self experienced before.