What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

best way for EXP?

koffiekoek

Yesterday me and my brother were doing wangan 20Laps, and i had 400% RP and XP.
Which gave a nice amounts :D
Is there an even better way to make XP in almost an hour?

98354164_533754053958081_3593985335727489024_n.jpg

But how many play drag mode?

One thing to watch with long wangan sessions, if you lose net connection you might lose the race points. Same is true of any race of course but it'd suck if it happened on leg 19/20...

Personally, I like 5-7laps on the long Tokyo courses. Not as much XP as multi-lap wangan but better practice for racing and a lot less boring :) I try to aim for 30-40km race distance.

But how many play drag mode?

One thing to watch with long wangan sessions, if you lose net connection you might lose the race points. Same is true of any race of course but it'd suck if it happened on leg 19/20...

Personally, I like 5-7laps on the long Tokyo courses. Not as much XP as multi-lap wangan but better practice for racing and a lot less boring :) I try to aim for 30-40km race distance.

At times there sure are some players in Drag mode and it is a lot faster than wangan, you can do 5 rounds of drag in less than 5 minutes. Wangan for players who likes it sure is the main way to go for their points but, yeah it really takes some time and if you dc in the last rounds ... well thats annoying.

I think the same way you do, earning points by simply racing.

Wangan was the only place where you could hit top speed. Now not a single high speed track. Not fun at all.

Wangan was the only place where you could hit top speed. Now not a single high speed track. Not fun at all.
Top speed was only possible with forced catchup or ghost off drafting which was impossible latetly to archive with the people that race on it. High speed tracks are there. Big nurgenhoch tracks and some tokyo tracks have some good parts where you get pretty fast.

yes bec many ppls used this track for farm only !! so its removed i think .

Thats probably of an old habbit from the older games. Wangan used be the cash cow of the game. They still think that it pays the most and are to lazy to care about other tracks and modes that pay way better

Last edited:

With all due respect for your opinion, what is Fun with this! For example, when you play with a Cobra car level 4 and you have ahead,and other player for example too play with Speedo car level 6, and you are surprised that the Cobra catches you and defeats you !! What fun here. I am with you to return to those who want to play with it, but with less RP with it because everyone is want easy and only wants to play in this Track !

Granted nearly all use of Wangan was to farm XP/RP but I don't really see the logic in removing it. It bored me as a mode so I didn't do it a lot, but I did use it some. The people who like to farm XP won't necessarily play other modes instead, they might just quit playing. I can't see how reducing the player base by not supplying what people want is beneficial.

I suspect (and I hope I'm wrong) that the management are only implementing things they personally like or approve of. Now, when it comes to ADDING content, I fully appreciate that with only a small number of people you have to prioritise and you'll tend to pick things you like to work on. But that logic doesn't apply to something that's already in-game. From my recollection Wangan was pretty much always a part of PT and there were always people who liked it, and people who were disgusted at it and never played it.
Post automatically merged:

My main use for Wangan was to earn RP in order to upgrade cars so they were better for proper races :)

as i said b4 me with return wangon map with Amendment of RB with it so that everyone plays the track for fun and not for farm ...