What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Any updates?

JARO

Is there will be updates soon like new cars, wangan back and more highway tracks?

Better share the game with others then. Promote it on social media, forums etc
That's a two way street Jack players have been promoting the game but little or nothing has been coming from your end . Almost two years in now and we still do not have Steam Authorization so a push from Steam hasn't happened and next to nothing in the way of promotion from PT as well.

That's a two way street Jack players have been promoting the game but little or nothing has been coming from your end . Almost two years in now and we still do not have Steam Authorization so a push from Steam hasn't happened and next to nothing in the way of promotion from PT as well.

I have said why we have not added Steam Auth yet multiple times now.
Also spent over a grand in ads on FaceBook, Google Ads and YouTube over the past 2 years.

I have said why we have not added Steam Auth yet multiple times now.
Also spent over a grand in ads on FaceBook, Google Ads and YouTube over the past 2 years.
Big budget Jack most of us spend well over that yearly on Internet and Tv fees. Players don't propose to have all the answers to falling player counts you figure it out the game is in your hands .

Big budget Jack most of us spend well over that yearly on Internet and Tv fees. Players don't propose to have all the answers to falling player counts you figure it out the game is in your hands .
Does not matter if I spend $5 or $5000. We got enough info back from the campaigns and user feedback to know what is going on.

People don't want to play this sort of game anymore. The only people really playing this game are those who loved it back in the day. New players who find the game stop playing because of the game and its inherent issues.
Today, people are not interested in games that require many hours to grind for each upgrade. Nor do they want to be selecting a track and playing that track then the next track. They want open-world exploration, loot boxes, skins etc. Something PT can not offer in its current form.
I agree that it would be nice to have these modern features, but I also know the limitations of the game and its engine, as you know, I have spent many hours looking at the code.
I am not going to pour 1000s more hours into it when I know for a fact, the return is not there.

As I have stated before. A game with the concept of The Crew 1/2 with the customization and feel of Need for Speed Carbon/World/Underground with game modes that PT has would be pretty cool and I would love to play that sort of game.
PT, a game based on an early 2000s engine, can not do this.

You all keep blaming me for the low player count but fail to realize the real reason why (stated above if I was not clear enough). Maybe if you spent more time playing and being a part of the community rather than actively working against me you guys would realize the position the game is in and what position I am in.

I will also say something I have said 1000 times already.
My goal when starting this project was to bring the game back online so we could all play again. On top of that, try and implement as much of the later content as possible in my free time. Of which, we have a team working on it as debagging cars, blazing etc is out of my skillset. But you know. We all have internet and TV bills to pay and thus have jobs. None of us work for this game. We do it for fun.

Does not matter if I spend $5 or $5000. We got enough info back from the campaigns and user feedback to know what is going on.

People don't want to play this sort of game anymore. The only people really playing this game are those who loved it back in the day. New players who find the game stop playing because of the game and its inherent issues.
Today, people are not interested in games that require many hours to grind for each upgrade. Nor do they want to be selecting a track and playing that track then the next track. They want open-world exploration, loot boxes, skins etc. Something PT can not offer in its current form.
I agree that it would be nice to have these modern features, but I also know the limitations of the game and its engine, as you know, I have spent many hours looking at the code.
I am not going to pour 1000s more hours into it when I know for a fact, the return is not there.

As I have stated before. A game with the concept of The Crew 1/2 with the customization and feel of Need for Speed Carbon/World/Underground with game modes that PT has would be pretty cool and I would love to play that sort of game.

You all keep blaming me for the low player count but fail to realize the real reason why (stated above if I was not clear enough). Maybe if you spent more time playing and being a part of the community rather than actively working against me you guys would realize the position the game is in and what position I am in.

My goal when starting this project was to bring the game back online so we could all play again. On top of that, try and implement as much of the later content as possible in my free time. Of which, we have a team working on it as debagging cars, blazing etc is out of my skillset. But you know. We all have internet and TV bills to pay and thus have jobs. None of us work for this game. We do it for fun.
I have been playing this game from almost day one from it's original form and realize it's limitations and will likely continue to play in a casual way. I wish you luck in your endeavor and maybe there will be an uptick in the player base going forward. You have a few who want to help gather around them and move forward. I am not working against you I'm only trying to inspire you to go forward not everyone who disagrees with the way things are going are out to get you Jack try and reject that idea.

Last edited:
Although I disagree with Jack in some of his actions, but all of his words are true. Unfortunately, other games have overshadowed PT like The Crew nd Others . We all want the cars back just for fun and we hope that the player base will increase after that when the Brazilian players can play the game because they had too many players in the previous versions..

Although I disagree with Jack in some of his actions, but all of his words are true. Unfortunately, other games have overshadowed PT like The Crew nd Others . We all want the cars back just for fun and we hope that the player base will increase after that when the Brazilian players can play the game because they had too many players in the previous versions..
I thought, and many others from the outset that Jack was waiting for Invictus to send valuable files for Jack to improve this game and add cars and other stuff, but clearly not now from Jacks response, i and many others feel mis -leaded as this was supposed to be a revival of PT and not a quick money making venture for Jack and his fan boys.

I thought, and many others from the outset that Jack was waiting for Invictus to send valuable files for Jack to improve this game and add cars and other stuff, but clearly not now from Jacks response, i and many others feel mis -leaded as this was supposed to be a revival of PT and not a quick money making venture for Jack and his fan boys.

hey old friend i missed u :) i left discord too , Jack maked me crazy ! , as for the game, we have nothing but . Do not forget that Jack, whether you disagree with him or support him, is the one who returned the game from death. We must wait to see what we will see in the coming days and support Jack as well, even if we disagree with him🚓🎎🎉;)

We have some new stuff but they are either broken or can't be used in their current state.
There are people working on fixing these issues so I can put them into the game.

We have some new stuff but they are either broken or can't be used in their current state.
There are people working on fixing these issues so I can put them into the game.
Jack you are a good guy and i hope you dont think i'm against you. I thought that you took this project on board to add new content and to keep the player base going like it was way back, but it is clear that you alone can't do that as it needs a team of skilled devs and other support staff for a M/P game to take off. Gamers would be expecting lots of content being fair after so may years. I do hope you can generate a player base like was once from years back though.(y)

Jack you are a good guy and i hope you dont think i'm against you. I thought that you took this project on board to add new content and to keep the player base going like it was way back, but it is clear that you alone can't do that as it needs a team of skilled devs and other support staff for a M/P game to take off. Gamers would be expecting lots of content being fair after so may years. I do hope you can generate a player base like was once from years back though.(y)
I'm sorry to disappoint you my friend! But this will not happen. Times have changed, and there are many open-world car games that attract many players. When we were in 2008 and 2009, the first game was online, but the situation has changed now.:unsure:

PT won't see the same number of people as it use to. Sorry to disappoint but as per my previous response to this being asked, people don't want to play old games anymore.

PT won't see the same number of people as it use to. Sorry to disappoint but as per my previous response to this being asked, people don't want to play old games anymore.
Yup sure. Gamers will always go for the latest, it's a natural progression, but ty to you for at least trying to revive this once great game. (y) Had lots of hours of fun on it back in the day. All the best Jack, Cheers.

Dude, I love PT! Thank you very much for bringing her back to life. I have been playing it since 2020 on the recommendation of my friend, and now we almost every day go in and play it for 4-6 people and we all really like it. Thank you for trying to develop the game, I will be ready to donate my first dollar to the game in order for it to live. The game is amazing and perhaps the best game to play with friends online. Each car is interesting in its own way and it pleases with its atmosphere, even though it is on the 2000s engine. The game is amazing
Post automatically merged:

the game is beautiful and it seems that it will be better for online races in relaxation now it will be difficult to find, or they are expensive. We support you and look forward to a new one. The game is varied in maps and very interesting, even though it looks outdated.

Last edited: