What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

ANNOYING ROADSIDE POLES AND TREES

racer8510

MAKE THEM GO-THROUGH IN ARCADE. SIMPLE! I KEEP HITTING THEM IN SAN FRANCISCO BECAUSE THEY ARE ON THE RACING LINE, ROADS ARE THIN AND WITH 4 PLAYERS SIDE BY SIDE SOMEONE WILL HIT ONE!

I would recommend you to disable the racing line and pay attention to the road, with training you will start to remember their position and make sooner braking/movements to avoid them.

As many can testify, i'm well know to be one who hit almost everything on city maps/tracks: poles, road signs, hydrants and so on :D so that's the reason because i don't like too much urban tracks (where usally i'm not so fast for that reason).
But anyway, i can agree with TorQueHQ and Khrono Fujiwara:
1) do you a favor and disable (remove from trunk) the racing lines, they can be useful just the first time on the track, but then they teach you nothing useful. If you want to go fast, you need to pratice and find the fastest lines for your driving style and your car. Also during a race with ghost off, you have to improvise because you can find another car on the best line, or you need to use another line to try an overtake etc, so you need to find the better line for the situation, something you can't learn from the game racing lines
2) with pratice, you're not only improving your lines, how to adapt etc, you start to know every corner of every map/track, so you can remember where a dangerous object is and how go fast in that point without hitting anything, another thing that the game racing lines didn't teach to you.

As many can testify, i'm well know to be one who hit almost everything on city maps/tracks: poles, road signs, hydrants and so on :D so that's the reason because i don't like too much urban tracks (where usally i'm not so fast for that reason).
But anyway, i can agree with TorQueHQ and Khrono Fujiwara:
1) do you a favor and disable (remove from trunk) the racing lines, they can be useful just the first time on the track, but then they teach you nothing useful. If you want to go fast, you need to pratice and find the fastest lines for your driving style and your car. Also during a race with ghost off, you have to improvise because you can find another car on the best line, or you need to use another line to try an overtake etc, so you need to find the better line for the situation, something you can't learn from the game racing lines
2) with pratice, you're not only improving your lines, how to adapt etc, you start to know every corner of every map/track, so you can remember where a dangerous object is and how go fast in that point without hitting anything, another thing that the game racing lines didn't teach to you.
Indeed, that's true, also i don't know what car he usually drives with but i must say that kawana is the best and yet the worst car to drive in city roads as it has a very low clearance from the floor and so it hits anything that is higher than 2cm.
i think @racer8510 got the idea.. road objects are there for the reason he is complaining, also fire hydrants annoys me when they get under the car and there goes my position.. but yeah, it's how it is.. and i like it.

Racing Line -what i always use- is good only at braking zone, so help to memorize braking points, mainly at personally new map, when never drove at. I like it and use too :D

Racing Line -what i always use- is good only at braking zone, so help to memorize braking points, mainly at personally new map, when never drove at. I like it and use too :D
That. That's why.
Post automatically merged:

then fucking play Ghost mode..
bruh ghost doesn't fix the pole issue
Post automatically merged:

GET BETTER AT DRIVING
YES BUT IN WHAT ASPECTS?