What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

AFK campers?

DynamiteDriver

Lately i see this tendency for afk players to "camp" in a room and stay there without playing until everyone leaves it, some are impossible to kick 'cause of fast loading times or until almost in an empty room, people won't read the chat (or can't) if asked not to vote for one turn, so we end stuck with a camper for like 5\6 races before giving up ourselves..
Funny thing, once everyone leaves, the afk's leave too..

Also, as room master, using the /kick command result in just a chat kick, but not a kick from the race room (didn't know if intended or if there's something to adjust with the kick system).

Anyway, an auto kick for players inactive for an entire race (or more than 1 race) would be a good thing.

Nothing so wrong with people AFK, but:
1) they take a slot that can be used by someone that want to race
2) at the start, someone always get the race ruined at least a bit because the car in the front don't move (ghost off)
3) again, in a room with ghost off and multiple laps, all players need to dodge that afk cars and isn't funny

The room host in the room lobby can go to the players list at the right, right click on the AFK player, and kick them from the room.

The room host in the room lobby can go to the players list at the right, right click on the AFK player, and kick them from the room.

Obviously, but works only if you are the room master* and if you're in a room without vote**.
* lot of times the room master don't care, or don't know how to do things etc.
**With vote on, you don't see the lobby.. sure you can ask everyone to don't vote so you can return to lobby and kick the AFK player(s) but usually at least one or two players are voting anyway, so... (plus, lot of times people don't go in room without vote on.. when i can i make room with vote off so i can get control over the room, kick AFKers etc, but almost nobody enter.. i flag the vote on, and after a little i have a full room. Talking about Arcade Vs, no problem for TA o CTF for example).
Also, with the /kick username command usually you kick him just from che chat channel, but not from the room, as already said in this topic.

Indeed an auto kick for afk would be nice even when in rooms with 1 vs 1 to avoid unfair winnings.

Some players afk in rooms on other computers so they can get xp or rp on there main accounts and boost there ratings so they can pretend there better than some in my opinion.