What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Advanced Tuning Discussion

I understand that you want to have individual ratios that can be changed rather than the whole box (final drive) but since there is no drag race in the game nor seemingly will there be it doesn´t seem to be too critical.

No. No need, Stop copy like GT Sport, AC and LFS just shit.

PT is basic balance setup are cool enough for fun MMO Racing.
PT keep stay upgrade system.

Stop this an idea if want that go to play iRacing, Gran Turismo Sport and Live For Speed! :p
I completely agree with you

Part of Project Torque's appeal is that it's easy to understand, despite the quality of its racing. Straying from that might be a bit too much, adding more data to accounts and servers could prove to be more complicated. If the game's not set up for it, then it's going to be difficult.

Honestly, I think the best bet is to re-implement the setup that Leila had with the tuning shop and chips, where players could pick and choose what they wanted to unlock and then have the basic sliders for. The sliders didn't have much extra control over what's in-game already, but it made things easier to understand and tweak. If you're thinking long-term then some additional basic tuning wouldn't go awry but no more than that.

Part of the good thing about PT is its simple but powerful balancers.
The only thing I would ever add is a combined stiffness/height balancer to raise the car and soften the suspension or lower the car and stiffen the suspension.

As I said in Discord, the advanced tunning should be available as a checkbox in game options, so that those like me who are happy with the current tunning options won't have to struggle with things only engineers would know. If you wanna make your life difficult, check the box in game options and dive into the bullshit and that's it.

I think its a bit too advanced for the gameplay type we are developing for this game, after all, we are looking for way's to add customisation into PT, yes, but this game ain't gran Turisno neither.

As I said in Discord, the advanced tunning should be available as a checkbox in game options, so that those like me who are happy with the current tunning options won't have to struggle with things only engineers would know. If you wanna make your life difficult, check the box in game options and dive into the bullshit and that's it.
This game isn't iRacing. It's an MMO.

More options = more bugs. If we can´t get the sim handling right yet and there are still issues switching from arcade to sim mode then no way can more problems be built in. I understand they chose this build for its simplicity and solidity compared to later builds and as many have said this is supposed to be a lighter more fun based game than serious sims like Assetto or Rfactor.

Please, explain to me, how balancing work with Grip and Aero and rest of balance tuning. A have kinda crazy hexa, somebody tell me only about topspeed/acceleration setup, but i dont understand the rest. PLEASE please please, I will be very happy