What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Address these points to make this game successful again

JuK

I really appreciate the efforts bring this game back from the dead, I used to play back in the days of Aeria Games, and had all cars + level 40 + top score board.

Let's say seeing this game back available was very happy, but as it stands it needs some effort.

Issues I see so far that will deter people from playing:

1) Steam account doesn't auto login into game, I had to go through a tiresome process:
- Login here with Steam user
- Register/create a new game user
- Reset/create a password

2) The game feels incomplete without the licensed cars which also renders mission mode unplayable.

3) No Mission Mode makes not possible to play the game if you don't have a any room available or don't have cars to join the higher class rooms.

4) Tutorial I think was part of the mission system which you could go over many of the game's details but without licensed cars no missions no fun.

5) I think the store system needs work as well, there were lots of things that would award gifts,RP, cars, gift packs + Mission is gone.

6) Shop interface and other UI stretch when played on a 1080 or 4k resolution (UI looks wider and weird).

I agree and guess what is holding up the licensed cars? Invictus. They have the debadged versions of the licensed cars. They said back in August of last year when the contract was signed with jack that they would find them and send the files to jack, along with tools to make new tracks, cars, etc and put them into the game. Guess what has yet to be set over, 90% of all they said they would send. So Jack knows that is what it needs but sadly his hands are tied.

They are looking for the cars through hard drives and dvds, so it might take a long while until we see those in our hands.
The UI getting upscaled is in the list i think

Can you provide an update on the timelines for the roadmap items? It seem some have mroe priority over others. I'd say bringing a complete (All cars + missions) game should be top priority.

We don't do timelines. We are working on cars now though. Missions after.

Can you provide an update on the timelines for the roadmap items? It seem some have mroe priority over others. I'd say bringing a complete (All cars + missions) game should be top priority.

Roadmap is updated now.

Content sure is very important imo I would like steam authen to be up; 90% of new players would actually try out the game with steam authen. By the time they reach class6/7, cars will be added back :)