What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

A message from a lover to this game

AhmedSaeed96

i cant play guys !! server nearly free ! I don't know what to do to get everyone to play the game and not leave !! i am poring from waitting in Acrade then Explorer then Drift so i left game after not playing just 1 match in EXPLORER >> we hav many problems maked many not play ! For example In Drift mode many not playing bec Ranking not work in many maps nd Classic Circle not back .. Explorer many Many complain from little RP & XP in this mode. Although 1 game take atleast over 6 mins nd in last take in most 500 RP !! ..
We need to solve problems that cause many players to leave the game or play it for several minutes a week. I hope from Jack that he listens to the problems of the situation because drift always does not have a player and many of my friends in the crew have almost forgotten about the game because of what I said before on the drift. I ask Jack to pay attention to the problems that make many leave the game and then complete his modifications with all thanks to him for this effort as he is He works alone and he and one other without pay ..

I waited 1 hour for a sim race yesturday, but to no avail, not Jacks fault, just the game i think right now not at 100% if he can draft in more coders and speed things up it will go a lot thurther imo ....

With you completely. I just want Jack to take care of the problems that make players leave the game like Drift Mode as I said earlier and also explorer mode and you are now say SIM mode too . I hope the solution until people are back, as most of my crew are no longer playing drift mode as I said before !.

tenor.gif

Not touched the payout for months.
You just not good at the game or something rofl.

Not touched the payout for months.
You just not good at the game or something rofl.

You are the owner of the game and you know, but I never took 1000 RP in Explorer mode most i take it 630 RP !! but maybe thats happend bec room it Full players nd This happens only by a miracle!

Content isnt all....but....
one of the actually problems is in VS-modes;
there is no cempetition between the cars.
every class you ride..all got the same car.
Cl.1 only Lion, old Cl.3 only Cobra and so on...

because the cobra is now in class 4 and is the only street class 4 car..... also in my experience not everyone uses the lion in class 1, I see lots of people using the other cars. I can tell you why most people aren't sticking around, in a world filled with games like Forza that throw cars at you the entire game. a racing game where there is a grind to unlock things just turns most people away because they want that instant gratification.

Some things depend on your personal goals and attitudes.

What is important for you? What are your goals? What brings joy into your life.

Not everything is about winning or possession.

For me joy always had a lot to do with social experience. Meeting people you know, you experienced things together.
They help you when you want to improve and they give you precious knowledge, telling you about driving style, balancers etc.
And of course you help other people.
There is nothing more valuable for me to see the joy of others improving and even being better than you after some time.

The other thing is being competitive.
I remember the mid-days of Heat Online. I bought a Morello and of course I could not put a lot of parts in it running out of RP.
The room I hosted there were a lot of guys racing with me, different cars having a lot of fun together and then this guy came in - having a Skyline, destroying us of course and not even waiting at finish line as we were used to.
And last but not least being a bit grumpy, not caring about us or anything.
Even at events he participated nearly every one and even worse winning all of them.
My hearts desire was at those days as I recall, winning a 3-day-skyline just to get a taste of it.
But no chance, this guy won them all and most likely just deleted them because he owned it already.
As this clearly brought no joy into my life for some weeks I tried to completely avoid this guy.
But deep in my heart there was this desire to beat when I got my Morello maxed.
I thought he just took advantage of noobs by beating them easily.
So the day arrived that I got my Morello maxed and accepted the challenge, and it really was.
About 500 races we have raced together I guess and of those hundreds of races I only won about 3.
The first races I didnt even finish but this was what I needed.
So I tried hard to improve and he even helped me, telling me his balancers the style of driving, he even shared which parts he used for every car at events when he modified it for a certain class.
Then I had the privilege of being a member of his crew and after some time I was able to keep up with him, staying close to his tail and finishing right at his back.

To class 1 cars I cannot say much. I own Lion and Miyato. Miyato I just took for one round at Wangan to see, but grinding is not what I get fun of.
I tried drifting and drag but I really dont like it much.
And with Lion I am just a horrible driver, still dont know why but I am losing against people at the moment who arent able to keep the line.
But I remember one guy at Heat Online only caring for his rating, having a BMW class 2 and searching for noobs he can win against to improve his rating.
And class 2 BMW has been that good those days on tarmac you had really no chance.
This guy has been a very good driver too.
My challenge was then to try all 4 class 1 cars and try every balancer every keyboard setup to win against him.
At vote I tried to drive on the most crappy tracks with obstacles or dirt because there was a chance.
And there was no better thing than seeing him lose the races and being very rude afterwards :D.

So my personal conclusion is (for sure this wont work for everyone, and thats no problem, its just the way I am dealing with it):
If you socialize, being polite and helpful and are able to laugh about a lot of things, and you have a goal and are pursuing but not at all cost, you will find a lot of joy here no matter which car you have, how the payout is, in which direction this game is going or how fast you are.

Please forgive me if something is wrong spelled or I am lacking of grammar because english isnt my native language.

For me personally I don't believe that the issue lies in Explore or Drift, or Sim/Arcade. At least in the case of Arcade, many still race it, but yes at times it can be slow. I personally stick with Arcade VS.

For me the issue is more the ability to kick players out that drive rough while you have Vote enabled. I have relegated to setting up the server as a Non-Vote, but keep changing tracks regardless if I like them or not, and keeping laps within a reasonable distance (aka not 20 Laps on the long Tokyo tracks, not 20 rounds at Wangan, and not 1 lap races). It seems to attract good drivers, and if we do get a bad apple, I can simply kick them before changing tracks. So some of it is our own desire to take the matters into our own hands to police the races and keep good, clean, and fair races going.

For me, balancing is a pretty big deal because you have one car dominating for each class, and some classes have no cars at all (Class 3 has the Ranger and the Rookie. And the Ranger isn't... the most enticing).
It kinda feels like you're just buying the next car "stage", instead of being given the choice of choosing between cars.
This is why I'm quite fond of Class 2.
That, imo, takes a chunk of fun away.
A room full of Lions is not fun. A room with Quadros, Coralls and Hexans is a lot more fun.
Class 3-5 rooms don't exist because nobody goes for any of those cars.

T_T I keep waiting for the rest of those cars. class 3-5 was where I spent most of my time in, don't get me wrong the faster cars are fun but... 3-5 is just more fun for me and so atm it feels like half the game is missing for me and yeah... it sucks. but I know Jack is doing the best he can and a lot of it is him waiting on invictus... it just sucks is all.

Yes Everyone is waiting EVO nd WRX Cars With another brand with other names to release .. Good Luck To Jack In the next stage .. but pls A look at RP in Explorer mode In order to become like the Drag mode, Explorer mode is the most dead mode in the game ..