What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Anyone experiencing the car shaking side to side?

OvertlySinister

Just downloaded the game, and went through a bunch of difficulty getting a controller set up. Finally enter a race, and for some reason with no input the car jerks side to side relentlessly like a Formula driver warming their tires. I'm needing to correct the steering constantly while driving in a straight line. I've done two races, one on a rather technical track with many corners and didn't notice this, but when I went to the highway track I could barely keep the car steady, it's driving like I had it aligned at Walmart. Is this normal? If not, is there a fix? I don't have this issue with any other games so it's not the controller.

...and effect (for me and lot) keyboard sensitivity and range too, because at high steer range more sensitivity, while low range lower keybrd and controller senitivity what we experienced

The steering help (keyboard) was set to 50%. Set it to 0% and did not resolve, currently trying to change steering range.
Post automatically merged:

Actually found the resolution tweaking in the settings. I downloaded Open Joystick Display, and noticed the left trigger was not returning dead center, so that actually seems to be the issue. Super minor percentage, so I hadn't noticed it in other games, but the devs were so kind as to allow deadzone tweaking, so I widened that, and now the game isn't picking up on the subtle imperfections of the joystick. Car's only turning when I'm intending to!

Last edited:
Removing it from the game is on the todo list.

Removing steering help shouldn't be on your to do list...

Anyone starts with 50%... this is the way new players get to know the game... It was the same for me. Over time i figured out that it doesnt help me to be faster but many newcomers might be used to it and it definatly makes life easier for keyboard users and probably for many newcomers as well.
Removing it will only cause more newcomers to leave the game. And to make the game successfull we should try to attract more new players and don't do actions to make the current one leave...

I think the best solution is to just set steering help to 0% by Default.

Removing steering help shouldn't be on your to do list...

Anyone starts with 50%... this is the way new players get to know the game... It was the same for me. Over time i figured out that it doesnt help me to be faster but many newcomers might be used to it and it definatly makes life easier for keyboard users and probably for many newcomers as well.
Removing it will only cause more newcomers to leave the game. And to make the game successfull we should try to attract more new players and don't do actions to make the current one leave...

I think the best solution is to just set steering help to 0% by Default.
The problem with steering help is that while it helps new players get used to the controls, its behavior is exploitable to make cars go faster than a driver would otherwise be able to without the steering help.
The 2 acceptable options: Remove steering help. OR. Using steering help causes a gear shift time penalty (as in some other games)

Just downloaded the game, and went through a bunch of difficulty getting a controller set up. Finally enter a race, and for some reason with no input the car jerks side to side relentlessly like a Formula driver warming their tires. I'm needing to correct the steering constantly while driving in a straight line. I've done two races, one on a rather technical track with many corners and didn't notice this, but when I went to the highway track I could barely keep the car steady, it's driving like I had it aligned at Walmart. Is this normal? If not, is there a fix? I don't have this issue with any other games so it's not the controller.

Been there, experienced that (with Xbox One). And I second TheYellowkitten's suggestion: widen your deadzone a bit... just a tiny little bit.