What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Tokyo (day and night) MAPS - CTF - without the regular obstacles

SempreFundo

After this new update (build 5028) 7-05-2020,
Tokyo maps (day and night),
game mode: CTF,
are shown without the regular obstacles: trucks and cars... ...or this modification is inteded to be ?
Prefer the original form: complete map with the obstacles.

HeatOnline removed these and we plan on putting them back soon.

dont forget to do it
(... reported 2 months ago, still waiting)
if that option could be chosen by the player: ctf tokyo with obstacles or ctf tokyo without obstacles, it would be great
(or making 2 different maps: 1st: ctf tokyo with obstacles; 2nd: ctf tokyo without obstacles) like Tokyo night and Tokyo day (or the different seasons of the same track available in arcade).

Also, after last update you made (new paints), the original Lion car color (white paint) is converted to dark blue. Every time I enter the game, my Lion is dark blued.
I have to paint it with other color and then remove that color (the original white re-appears). This seems (in the code): variable not initialized (the default color is set with... something in the memory; glad that isn't crashing the game).
The white color available in shop (now, after the update) is different from the original white from factory (it's a grey/white).
So you have eliminated the "white snow" (color) from the game... ...put it back available in the shop, pls.

Also, still waiting from 2/3 suggestions I've made in the past:

- CTF teams mode;
- "pass the bomb" mode; <- THIS ONE SOULD BE GREAT (and you have the components already done; this is done by programming with components that already exists (high level programming); don't have to create nothing from scratch, all the funcionalities are present; (read the topic: "3-suggestions-for-project-torque.1123"))
- ghost car in practise mode to represent previous laps;

Are you really thinking in doing some of these suggestions ? How much time you need to do it ? Can we help developing something ?
If you don't show something new in 4 months, perhaps PT will start to lose players.
Doctor X tracks were good for 1 month, now they become like other normal track.

It would be great if a new mode "appear" soon.

- CTF teams mode;
- "pass the bomb" mode; <- THIS ONE SOULD BE GREAT (and you have the components already done; this is done by programming with components that already exists (high level programming); don't have to create nothing from scratch, all the funcionalities are present; (read the topic: "3-suggestions-for-project-torque.1123"))
- ghost car in practise mode to represent previous laps;

Are you really thinking in doing some of these suggestions ? How much time you need to do it ? Can we help developing something ?
If you don't show something new in 4 months, perhaps PT will start to lose players.
Doctor X tracks were good for 1 month, now they become like other normal track.

It would be great if a new mode "appear" soon.

dont talk on any update ! if u talked !! JACK WILL delay him for other week to reach to 2 years nd u still waitting !!

dont talk on any update ! if u talked !! JACK WILL delay him for other week to reach to 2 years nd u still waitting !!

I know that "Rome wasn't built in a day"... ...and for certain it took more than 1 man to complete it...
...when he REALLY realizes that a team (heads, eyes, hands and fingers) is/are needed, the world/life would be better (especially for him).
Work is an "endless" process. We sould be all dead, and work still be here, undone, unfinished...
...time is a very precious resource nowadays, and it is important to have a schedule well defined: to have a schedule to start (the activity), and a schedule to finish it (in that day, week, or month), doesn't matter if it is totally unfinished in that moment (work still be here tomorrow, work doesn't rot (like food does))...
...to complete mostly tasks of our life, we need a team. Building bridges aren't a 1 man job, neither was Rome, neither "making babies"...

...it's always about balance between: cost, resources and scope/requirements (if you balance these 3 features, you'll get QUALITY in your work).
If you increase cost or scope, you must increase the resoucres (manpower) or it would take a lot of time do complete it.
If you decrease scope, the product doesn't follow the needed requirements... ...and the client will be unhappy.
If you need more time to do it... ...the client possibly will be unhappy.
If you use the right tools, you are decreasing cost, and perhaps finishing before deadline (that's a must nowadays).
In the actual PT cenario, when the scope is increasing and the cost is steady, what a manager sould do ?
If the manager keeps in that way, the time deadline will increase. To avoid that, must do like computers do: multi-tasking and distribution (put a lot of cores doing the assigned work)
(i.e.: increase manpower). In nature there are some entities that have this behavior: bees and ants. Who told them to behave like that?! All I know is they can get a lot of advantage from that. Simplest things are the best...

...so, the main question that everyone should ask himself is: what kind of person am I: I live to work or I work to live ?

Genuinely curious...

Is it a product's forum that makes people think they can make demands no matter how passively aggressive they are?

The reason I ask is because somehow (possibly a misunderstanding in reading on my end) some suggestions have been misinterpreted as things that are put on someone's "to do list" and it is a little confusing to say the least. I could be wrong but reminding someone of how much time has passed since your suggestion is tantamount to stomping your feet, covering your ears and yelling. It is also a subtle attempt to play boss. We (those of us who are not working with or for Jack) must remember that we are guests here and are lucky that suggestions are even read. Let's not make it to where they dread reading the suggestions and/or stop allowing them to be made.

Genuinely curious...

Is it a product's forum that makes people think they can make demands no matter how passively aggressive they are?

The reason I ask is because somehow (possibly a misunderstanding in reading on my end) some suggestions have been misinterpreted as things that are put on someone's "to do list" and it is a little confusing to say the least. I could be wrong but reminding someone of how much time has passed since your suggestion is tantamount to stomping your feet, covering your ears and yelling. It is also a subtle attempt to play boss. We (those of us who are not working with or for Jack) must remember that we are guests here and are lucky that suggestions are even read. Let's not make it to where they dread reading the suggestions and/or stop allowing them to be made.

I'm not demanding anything...
I'm not attempting to play boss...
For what had been said, Jack is a 1 man army... ...good luck with that...
I'm suggesting: LET ME HELP... or ...CAN I HELP... ...sorry my aggressivity, it's a cruel kindness, I know...
I suggested some ideias (in May). I'm not charging for it... ..neither pushing it... (only motivating)
Do you know the value of an ideia nowadays ? If it is a good one, may bring some financial fortunate years... or success...
Sorry if that ins't the objective...

I wish to Project Torque many years up, healthy and running... ...lets see 5 years from now how the game will be...
If I found a bug or error, I think it is a feature to go into the: "to do list". What are we all doing here? Improving the game, ins't it ?

...ignorance doesn't bring any advantage... ...and to sail a ship, you'll need "hands" (and wind) to it...

keep up the good work... ...remember to watch back and realize what had been done with the time spent... ...like a self report (autocritics)...
Are we doing right? Can we do better? Can we choose a better way/plan? Where are we in next 5 years ?

My ancestors discovered half a world in the XV century... ...what if they chose to stay home or chose to not go so far ?
For that, I'm proud to be portuguese.

"...
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!
"

A Portuguesa

I understand and admire your passion. If you are able to to be of help, I admire and respect that. The aggressive posts and their realistic end result are what is going over my head. You are not obligated nor expected to make me understand that. We can disagree. My intent was not to make you or old skool sad. <stares at Old-Skool while mouthing "wtf?">:unsure::)