What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Levelling changes

I see how my comment can be read that way, while i was actually thinking the opposite.
I do not want levels to limit access to stuff, and mentioned skill to be the factor that keeps people coming back, hence the mention of events.
Lvl cap on item will dissuade people from staying if not made right, hence why it should be focused on the Items/Cars, not on the number behind your name.
Hope this clears it up.

Ah ok. yeah it sounded like you wanted license tests to unlock everything in the game and I was like oof that is going to scare away casual racers. well level caps to unlock tracks and cars give goal makers. I.E. "I want to use that car, I need X more levels to get it" gives someone a goal to work towards. that said imo the upgrades for the cars shouldn't be locked behind level. maybe... 1st 10 levels they unlock slowly, to ramp of the initial difficulty. however when you unlock the morello you should be able to just upgrade it. not have to wait another 5-10 levels to fully upgrade it.

PT originally had 50 levels.
Ignore the other levels beyond this, they do nothing but show how much you play the game.

You will still unlock cars at the same levels as the original game.
All that changes is the XP curve.

This means that mid levels such as 25-35 take a little longer, but 35 on wards is not as long as before.

I also prefer the old Level system with 50 instead of 100 Level. But like many said before it should be a lil' more balanced in the top. And it would be nice to see how the new cars and all tuning parts are will be implemented in the old system without an unfair balance.

I think I absolutely prefer to Level 1 - 100 System as opposed to 1 - 50. Make it a little hard to get through the first 20 levels and just a smidge harder to get to level 50, and like everyone else says, the levels 50 - 100 will just be for the addicted players to see how much you play and maybe some cosmetics or something. People are gunna want to play this for YEARS, so getting to max level 50 within the first 2 months doesn't really seem ideal, at least to me. We wanna have something to work for and to race for in this game for a long time :) ANNNND have fun above all else of course

I would like to point out Speedy that even with 50 levels, in the entire year or so I played PT in the original run I never got close to 50. I was maybe about half way there. and had just unlocked class 4 vehicles. so you won't be a level 50 in 2 months.

I would like to point out Speedy that even with 50 levels, in the entire year or so I played PT in the original run I never got close to 50. I was maybe about half way there. and had just unlocked class 4 vehicles. so you won't be a level 50 in 2 months.

Never got close to 50? well for a full year that sounds accurate to me. I got close to 50 in like a year and a half.

Unless you do nothing else than play.
i did reach level 38 in 1 year.

Also when Heat online went to the 100 level system. it wasn't any longer. to reach level 100 took the same amount of xp that it took to reach level 50 previously. all they did was spread it out over 50 more levels, they didn't actually extend it at all. even the rewards stayed at the same relative level, if you unlocked something at like lvl 45 on the 50 level scale. on the 100 scale it was at lvl 90. it was pretty much the exact same, just 1 had more numbers.

It gave the illusion of leveling faster but truth is you unlocked things at the same pace you did previously, and was in reality leveling at the same pace they just counted every half level as well basically.

Also when Heat online went to the 100 level system. it wasn't any longer. to reach level 100 took the same amount of xp that it took to reach level 50 previously. all they did was spread it out over 50 more levels, they didn't actually extend it at all. even the rewards stayed at the same relative level, if you unlocked something at like lvl 45 on the 50 level scale. on the 100 scale it was at lvl 90. it was pretty much the exact same, just 1 had more numbers.

It gave the illusion of leveling faster but truth is you unlocked things at the same pace you did previously, and was in reality leveling at the same pace they just counted every half level as well basically.
That is basically what should be done with PT, just add twice the levels with the previous 50 levels item unlock rate

but why? if it is the same unlock rate why bother creating the illusion? it seems like a pointless and un-needed change. I'd much rather the devs add things that actually make a difference than waste their time just rewarding people for half levels. That is the stupid millennial mindset, wanting that faster sense of rewarding because you completed half a level. get that shit out of here.

but why? if it is the same unlock rate why bother creating the illusion? it seems like a pointless and un-needed change. I'd much rather the devs add things that actually make a difference than waste their time just rewarding people for half levels. That is the stupid millennial mindset, wanting that faster sense of rewarding because you completed half a level. get that shit out of here.
Well, that's what have been purposed in the first post.
Now we argue if it's a valid and a must have change to the game or not.

no in the 1st post jack was keeping it at 50 levels and just changing the curve so it wasn't so steep at the end. Jack has said he is keeping it at 50 levels not 100.

no in the 1st post jack was keeping it at 50 levels and just changing the curve so it wasn't so steep at the end. Jack has said he is keeping it at 50 levels not 100.
Correct, i lost focus of it, i agree more with what Jack purposes, but i do to agree with the 100 level change.