What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

penalties!

kafka

I hope that players do not be banned from the game only for a crash during a race! Is acceptabe be banned from the related race but is not for the game at all as the old Level-R rules!

later on when events become a thing maybe. but in just normal rooms, if someone rams you, it is up to the members of the room to decide to kick him or dish it back or w/e. I don't think people will be banned from normal rooms for that. However that said... is that a hint that you deliberately ram people when you can't win like a noob? If so I will make sure to only race you with ghost on lol.

later on when events become a thing maybe. but in just normal rooms, if someone rams you, it is up to the members of the room to decide to kick him or dish it back or w/e. I don't think people will be banned from normal rooms for that. However that said... is that a hint that you deliberately ram people when you can't win like a noob? If so I will make sure to only race you with ghost on lol.
Khrono, i think there used to be a Report function ( with video evidence ) in game and a list of banned gamers and reasons for that ban- this was metered out by the GS's Game Sages if i recall rightly=!?

I remember it being a thing once upon a time but yeah pretty sure by the time it came to heat online days no one gave a fuck if you were a rammer, they were too busy banning hackers and the like to worry about unsportsmanlike driving.

I remember it being a thing once upon a time but yeah pretty sure by the time it came to heat online days no one gave a fuck if you were a rammer, they were too busy banning hackers and the like to worry about unsportsmanlike driving.
Do you think the Devs will bring in - game admin back?

I don't think so unless it becomes a major issue. there is always the option to kick people from the room etc. A rammer keeps getting kicked from rooms will eventually learn maybe I should stop ramming people or rage quit. either way problem should sort itself out. I would rather devs focus on more important things like new content, the never ending battle of keeping hackers out etc. Plus knowing jack he would say to troll them back like a champ.

Unpopular opinion:
Anyone should be penalized (losing clean sector or time penalties) by taking shortcuts on track. I'd love to see people really caring about on stay on the track instead consider any path as track since he can go faster.

Its very dificult to judge the deliberate ramming. This is why the most advisable, in my opinion, is the ghost mode.

Its very dificult to judge the deliberate ramming. This is why the most advisable, in my opinion, is the ghost mode.
Even games like iRacing and GT Sport have flaws on their systems and depends of judges to check replays in some cases.

unless i know the people, i try to stay in ghost on games .. because..... well....... kids will be kids and they can make a fun game infuriating to play

Sadly enough people are kicking. Only kick players increase odd clan to win. Try to address clan leaders, and your better off talking to a wall. Imagine flood of replays heading into Admins system. Make things worse some good elite members from older 3 games are doing all the wrecking. Understand new players come on, but no excuse for vets disgrace game like this.

Want to play clean? Simply use ghost mode rooms
Want to accept dirty play? Open rooms
It's a game man you can find all sort of situations at the end you must play for fun and for sake of the entertainment, don't take the game so seriously.

Just use the replay feature, when facing a griefer save the replay, if necessary you can submit the file, it's the best proof of misconduct you can have for griefers and cheaters.

IMHO this is arcade game for children with unrealistic cars inside. Nobody can expect behaviour like in serious simulator. I play this game maybe two days and in 95% of races there is ramming, pushing, blocking, etc. So I do the same. I take it as a part of arcade gaming and fun. If anybody prefer special gaming style there is option to create private room with password. It is easy. Now this game is on Steam. Old players must accept that new people will come and try to play. And they are absolutely not interested about your old conventions. Nowhere is written how to play and nobody is interesting about it. Only free fun is important. If you want something differen do this game close not Steam.

IMHO this is arcade game for children with unrealistic cars inside. Nobody can expect behaviour like in serious simulator. I play this game maybe two days and in 95% of races there is ramming, pushing, blocking, etc. So I do the same. I take it as a part of arcade gaming and fun. If anybody prefer special gaming style there is option to create private room with password. It is easy. Now this game is on Steam. Old players must accept that new people will come and try to play. And they are absolutely not interested about your old conventions. Nowhere is written how to play and nobody is interesting about it. Only free fun is important. If you want something differen do this game close not Steam.
They can come and try all they want, if they stay is because they get the point.. Like any games there's a community will, and that unwritten will is something among the lines of: it's all fun and games until someone ruins it for all.
Btw your last sentence is incomprehensible.

Maybe stick about a bit and take time to learn the game, you will see that rooms can be customised, more cars are on there way, it's a game that caters for all ages Teen - 60 +. believe me there are lots of decent folk that play this game and have done since 2008- Simulation mode is also an option that you unlock after a certain level. As for fun there is plenty of that to be had you will get to know names after a while- who plays fair and who plays dirty. If you want a dirty race there are rooms to be made for such, if you want a sensible semi realistic game you can do that also. Ghost mode can be turned on and off so if you want a clean best lap time/World record race that can be had too. So just take some time out to check the game out thourougly before launching unfair attack on it.