What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Driver customization

Lazy Liquid

Known as Bob, that handsome guy was the standard of everyone of us.

Even knowing how disgracefully this could be (glitches and bugs wise), would be cool to have more options of character building.

Also, these cosmetics tends to be good or bad mechanics in the game, so that should be discussed too.

I like this idea too, if im not mistaken, at some point there where intention to add drivatar costumisation option, but for some reason that didn't happen.

I think they kept putting it off because they didn't think it was that important or worth it. but look at other mmos and how much people pay for silly cosmetic shit for their characters. charge like a buck or 2 per item and it looks cheap but buy 10 different things and you are in for 20. so it adds up and works for keeping mmos going.

I think they kept putting it off because they didn't think it was that important or worth it. but look at other mmos and how much people pay for silly cosmetic shit for their characters. charge like a buck or 2 per item and it looks cheap but buy 10 different things and you are in for 20. so it adds up and works for keeping mmos going.
That's true, basic character customization would be also appreciated, i used to play Live For Speed, where you could simply change the character outfit (color) and gender anytime you would like.
Adding the options to better customize the character and also changing the nickname with colors and adding background images to the nickname in race results page would be nice.
Also what i would like is to have a game mode where you could swap cars during the race like a triathlon race :p

what a great idea! i'd love to have my own personality in the game - not limited in just car customization

That's true, basic character customization would be also appreciated, i used to play Live For Speed, where you could simply change the character outfit (color) and gender anytime you would like.
Adding the options to better customize the character and also changing the nickname with colors and adding background images to the nickname in race results page would be nice.
Also what i would like is to have a game mode where you could swap cars during the race like a triathlon race :p
yeah, the car change should be awesome too. It will allow you to use your brain to choose the right car for the right type of terrain, track or whatever the next event will be

This actually isn't a bad idea. make the drivatar customizing options cost GP given it is purely visual. Would work great for micro transactions to keep the servers going.

Jack was asking us about the leveling system, rewards and achievements. Maybe this feature could hypothetically be part of the sauce.