What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game economy

Incredible like this post supposed to be about cost of cars and upgrades and related unlock level, becom a list of complain about players having farmed a lot of RP/XP and how to "punish" them.
Having player already over lvl 30 dont steal nothing to others and if i dont like a game mode or a way someone grind his lvls i dont play that mode or in that way, big succes of PT come from diversity, asking to modify game in a way to "avoid" other to choose the way they want to play is faster way to kill this game.
:(

Incredible like this post supposed to be about cost of cars and upgrades and related unlock level, becom a list of complain about players having farmed a lot of RP/XP and how to "punish" them.
Having player already over lvl 30 dont steal nothing to others and if i dont like a game mode or a way someone grind his lvls i dont play that mode or in that way, big succes of PT come from diversity, asking to modify game in a way to "avoid" other to choose the way they want to play is faster way to kill this game.
:(
You got it all wrong,buddy. Our discussion here started with car pricing and then became about having the best balance possible among the earnings of each game mode,so we can enjoy that diversity without having to follow an specific way to farm and progress. This is just about having the freedom to play any mode and still earn the same amount others do. Also,what really kills an game is having a glitch/trick to farm which soon or late you find yourself tempted to exploit for faster leveling and because that,you slowly starts to ignoring the actual gameplay and the way the game is meant to play and when you finally realize,the game has lost it's interest.

Last edited:
..... This is just about having the freedom to play any mode and still earn the same amount others do.

This is the point if someone earns more points in a mode that I don't like, I don't care (better for him), but most of all i don't ask to change game in a way to inhibit him to continue because he dont steal nothing to others

This is the point if someone earns more points in a mode that I don't like, I don't care (better for him)
You speak for yourself,not for everyone else.
But most of all i don't ask to change game in a way to inhibit him to continue because he dont steal nothing to others
So basically you're saying that even if the game economy is totally broken with farming glitches and people exploiting them,you dont care as long as they arent stealing. I can see you really dont give a damn about getting the game working like its supposed to do.

This is the point if someone earns more points in a mode that I don't like, I don't care (better for him), but most of all i don't ask to change game in a way to inhibit him to continue because he dont steal nothing to others

If you don't care if someone earns more point in other mode, do you care if they earn the same as you? You're not affected but people who doesn't like to play Wangan all day will be pleased that they can spend the day catching a flag endlessly. That's what's this is about, making every game mode equal and that's what a game should look for.

Shop update
Ignoring body mods for now...

RP value | Item/Class

20000 Class 1 Car (Level 1-9)

800 Car Body upgrade 1
1600 Car Body upgrade 2
2400 Car Body upgrade 3
3200 Car Body upgrade 4

(Engine, Trans, ECU, Tyres, Breaks, Suspension)
200 Stage 1
400 Stage 2
600 Stage 3
800 Stage 4

Balancing 250

32000 Class 2 Car (Level 10-14)

1280 Car Body upgrade 1
2560 Car Body upgrade 2
3840 Car Body upgrade 3
5120 Car Body upgrade 4

(Engine, Trans, ECU, Tyres, Breaks, Suspension)
215 Stage 1
425 Stage 2
640 Stage 3
850 Stage 4

Balancing 350

50000 D1 Hexan Drift class 4 car (moved to unlock at level 14)

64000 Class 3 Car (Level 15-19)
Due to all the cars in this class being licenced, and thus not available right now, one wont be changing them till they are available.

100000 Class 4 Car (Level 20-24)

180000 Class 5 Car (Level 25-29)

Please note that there will be micro adjustments once the game is running. Not all cars in the same class are worth the same, sub classes are broken down into 3.
This will be dealt with at a later date.

Last edited:
Looks good. Only suggestion I have is not to make the higher level TA cars too high an unlock level. Some people only do TA so will have enough RP sooner than level 30 currently and will not want to grind away on the Rookie hours on end. As TA cars can only be used in that game mode and there are only 2 optional cars, the jump from Pro to Inti should not be so high or there will be empty grids for a long time.

I created a crew with the gifted money and i think we have a little issue over there, maybe i missed some message, but looks like nobody talked about those till now.

HQ upgrades are incredibly expensive, for example:
To buy "HQ upgrade 1" i need 288'000 RP, and with 15% tax and a 2 player crew we need to win 960'000 RP each to have enough crew money for the upgrade, with 8 players that would be 240'000 RP each.
And this is only the first one, other ones are 648'000 RP and 1'080'000 RP, with 3 more full HQ Class to go.
Upgrades are also unbalanced with the CP price, so for example:
HQ upgrade 1 - 288'000 RP - 499 CP. the ratio between RP and CP price is 577,15x, while in cars it's around 50x (100'000 RP equal 1899 CP)

I'm going to have a 2-4 player max crew with 5% tax, so for HQ1 it's 5'760'000 RP (2'880'000 each).
I know it will be harder to buy upgrades in a 2 player crew compared to an 8 player one, but these are almost impossible numbers to reach.
I guess that the correct move should be to lower HQ prices a lot, because they don't give a real advantage to anyone, just crew slots and different garages.

I hope all this makes sense

Honestly if I'm not mistake the only things the upgrades do is allow more players so I don't think you would need more than HQ1 if you weren't going to have more than 2-4 people in it. That is unless the crew bonuses are limited to HQ size. and if that is the case I'd just remove that tie because that is unfair to smaller crews that won't need the bigger upgrades.

Crew upgrades are just size as well as the HQ version.
There is no need to upgrade a crew if you don't want more than 10 crew members.
And don't want to buy the bonus XP.

Crew Class 2 gives access to 7.5% bonus
Crew Class 3 gives access to 10% bonus
Crew Class 4 gives access to 12.5% bonus

Nothing will change in regards to the bonus. This is to encourage crews to grow and bring on members that play a lot, as well as buying upgrades.

Crew upgrade pricing will be looked into shortly.

Crew Class 2 gives access to 7.5% bonus
Crew Class 3 gives access to 10% bonus
Crew Class 4 gives access to 12.5% bonus

Nothing will change in regards to the bonus. This is to encourage crews to grow and bring on members that play a lot, as well as buying upgrades.
Sir,I do not agree with this,you should just get rid of these bonus. I dont see why a crew should be encouraged to grow up if they just want to be small for whatever reason. Say,a small crew of close friends like the one I had will be forced to buy an unecessary upgrade if they dont want to be technically in disvantage. Also I used to like the smaller garage styles. But as I give no such relevance to this point,Its all up to you guys to decide.

I would say, why to mess up the old Project Torque race payouts, pricing, etc (game economy)? That was working fine, suited most of the players.
And hurry up with the licensed cars for cp please

I would say, why to mess up the old Project Torque race payouts, pricing, etc (game economy)? That was working fine, suited most of the players.
That was a time when Invictus were running the game and,if Im not mistaken,they did never cared about improving the game with players feedback. Now that its being cared by a group of actual players (I suppose?),we have the chance to improve what was wrong ever since and make it a better balanced game. That's why this topic is so important.
And hurry up with the licensed cars for cp please
Licensed cars will not be in the game for now,read Jack's FAQ to see details.

the licensed cars won't be in PERIOD. the ones you know from before are being replaced with look alikes that will be legal to be placed into the game. maybe in the future 6-12 months from now if the game is big enough with a large enough population maybe and that is a huge maybe the game will catch enough attention for a car company to be willing to make a deal but I wouldn't hold my breath. Also jack is just waiting on Invictus for those models. Also why mess with the old race payout? because they were absolute trash done that way to force people to spend hundreds on CP/GP/AP so they can make more money. same scheme that GTA 5 does.