What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

What am I missing?

Arthur Dent

Hi,

my beginners' car (Lion Executive) has the full package of performance enhancements, ie Level 4 engine, tires, and boy.

The data according to the factsheet are:

Topspeed 201 km/h
161 hp
acceleration 8.77
braking distance 49
handling 30%

Now I just noticed that some players have slightly better data: 204 km/h; 163 hp: 8.4, 43, and 40.

So - what am I missing? How can I improve this car to reach these specifications? Is there some tuning option I have been overlooking?

Thx

Everyone has an opinion in BALANCE he used it ... My opinion differs from you and another person. My opinion is to try it for yourself in Practice to see wat the best to u ...

Everyone has an opinion in BALANCE he used it ... My opinion differs from you and another person. My opinion is to try it for yourself in Practice to see wat the best to u ...

You missed my point - I am talking about upgrades, not balancing. Changing the brake balance can be good or bad. But there is no downside really to simply buying better brakes.

Also, the improvements (better engine, tires etc) do show on your factsheet - balancing does not. If you use a better engine, your profile will show a greater power, vmax, and acceleration. But if you buy an acc/vmax balancer to increase your acceleration at the expense of your top speed, the fact sheet will still show the same data as if you didn't have that balancer.

I was just wondering how other drivers could have higher specs with the same car when I thought I had maxed out the car. Well, turned out I hadn't, I had totally overlooked that you can buy not only better engines, tires and bodies, but also transmissions, brakes and other stuff. That's all really.